Home

Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?!

This is a discussion on Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?!

i had a guy do this with me except he used raiders and every play he called was 4 or 5 wides and he would send mcfadden out from backfield and like the OP said i tried all different kinds of defense he just went up and down the field then after the game was over he sent me a nasty msg saying using all your TO's cost u ahole. i didnt give up 1,000 yards as much as op but he was unstopable.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i had a guy do this with me except he used raiders and every play he called was 4 or 5 wides and he would send mcfadden out from backfield and like the OP said i tried all different kinds of defense he just went up and down the field then after the game was over he sent me a nasty msg saying using all your TO's cost u ahole. i didnt give up 1,000 yards as much as op but he was unstopable.
A guy i was playing a few moments ago did exactly that as his comeback plays of the game. It worked but he was outta time and it was pretty tough defending that, it was like my defenders in cover 3 or 4 didnt even realize he was a WR on the field, he was ALL ALONE against a quarter defense or a 3man. i swear people be coming up with the craziest things to win at this game and swear by it as if its skill.

I been searching forums and stuff on finding someone who has had problems with this or lead me to a counter for it but I come up empty or get the same responses of basically NANO BLITZ them. Sometimes thats how I be feeling but i never go there tho, I just stick to my guns and try other ways of countering this stuff.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

When I heard fade I was thinking goal line type of fades.

Is the play similar to this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #12
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?!

In online CCM practice I have seen the CPU execute a play, run hurry up, call an audible and then my defensive play art show the defender covering the TE now doubling on another WR and no one on the TE. I always do the "Close Call" practice so I see a lot of CPU hurry up and this happens somewhat regularly. I have no idea what the CPU is doing that causes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 12-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
In online CCM practice I have seen the CPU execute a play, run hurry up, call an audible and then my defensive play art show the defender covering the TE now doubling on another WR and no one on the TE. I always do the "Close Call" practice so I see a lot of CPU hurry up and this happens somewhat regularly. I have no idea what the CPU is doing that causes it.
Yeah, defenses tend to react woefully bad in hurry up situations. It's probably the different alignment of the same personnel (if the play at first was 3 WR/1 TE, now its still that, but maybe it's trips or something and the "assignment logic" gets jumbled up because the TE isn't "where he's supposed to be", and the play being run might be one that doesn't "normally exist" in that set?)

I almost always pick an audible in hurry up. I select a play that give me the personnel grouping I want (nickle/dime, 3-3-5, etc) and then audible every time they do hurry up. It seems to help, some, especially if you audible to a blitz because it seem the OL suffers the same "issue" as what you mention with you now doubling a WR and leaving the TE alone in coverage.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Did u try manually covering him?? That's what I woulda done.. Tight ends are over powered in the game.
I did, which just made the situation worse. His connection was bad so it was way too choppy for me to be manually controlling guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Tight Ends are pretty good in this game but honestly and I hate saying this but 1,015 yards means you have to play a little better.

In a 6 minute online ranked match that has me assuming this guy had to have scored almost 100 on you. Even with playmaker that is pretty incredible.

What system are you on? Do you know that player's PSN/GT?

1,015 yards for one player is just mind boggling. I can easily say with a fade make your corners play the sideline and you take the inside or vice versa - mix that with a zone and it'll be tough for him get a simple fade off - especially with a decent pass rush.

I watch a lot of freestyle guy's channels on youtube and I haven't seen any exploit to this extreme.

I'd love to see video... 1k receiving in one game... man, thats like 684 XP in CCM
It was on PSN. And yes, the final score was 120-66. After a few series of him sending the house I finally decided to just run slip screens to Gore all day and found success haha. That plus 2 kick return TDs from all of his onside attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
It's a mind game with these situations and you just need to get better at it. If they are literally resorting to one single tactic, it's something you can stop yourself. You might think your skills are better than they are TBH, that sort of thing really isn't that hard to go up against.

Then again, if you're bothered by this, why even torture yourself with random online play, just find an online community of non dickheads and go play some proper football.
I guess this is what rattled me most of all. Losing bothers me as I'm highly competitive (which is why I completed the entire game), but I can live with it. What really upsets me is the lack of proper football being played online nowadays. I punt/kick on 4th down, I run the ball, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMoody21
I hate the prototypical responses to this, both of which appear in this thread.

First of course, you need to learn to play better.

Secondly, just play with people you know.

I'm not against either of those concepts, in fact they will both make the game a better experience.

The problem is with the game, it's really that simple.

Even if the user does nothing, the players you don't control should have some type of awareness or understanding of the same play being repeated and adjust. I'm not asking for whole sale defensive adjustments without user input but rather the "game adapts to you" slogan this game was sold on years ago to factor in.

Even if that doesn't work, injuries, stamina or fatigue should start to effect a player putting in that type of workload. The game is void of real time injuries but cramping and exhaustion are just to pre loaded injuries that come to mind.

In closing, I realize the guy came here for help in solving a problem. So he was asking for the suggestions I spoke about. I also know based on his post he felt he was being exploited and took notice of release time, secondary position, repeated animations, etc.

I just wish we could use these examples more as a means to demand a better product and show the flaws we deal with.
Yes, it felt just like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
When I heard fade I was thinking goal line type of fades.

Is the play similar to this?

Meh fade isn't the right word, it was more of a seam that faded off to either side

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, defenses tend to react woefully bad in hurry up situations. It's probably the different alignment of the same personnel (if the play at first was 3 WR/1 TE, now its still that, but maybe it's trips or something and the "assignment logic" gets jumbled up because the TE isn't "where he's supposed to be", and the play being run might be one that doesn't "normally exist" in that set?)

I almost always pick an audible in hurry up. I select a play that give me the personnel grouping I want (nickle/dime, 3-3-5, etc) and then audible every time they do hurry up. It seems to help, some, especially if you audible to a blitz because it seem the OL suffers the same "issue" as what you mention with you now doubling a WR and leaving the TE alone in coverage.
Yes! He was running hurry up all game. The only two plays that had any semblance of working were Man 1 Spy and (get ready for this) Punt Return Safe Zone. In Man 1 Spy I would back the coverage off of Witten specifically, that would usually put Whitner right where the pass would be going. Sometimes though Whitner would inexplicably bail on Witten altogether to go double cover Ogletree
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

That is what is lame about online, people can cheese the whole game. There should be something built into the programming that running the same play more than once or twice diminishes the effectiveness of the play drastically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMoody21
I hate the prototypical responses to this, both of which appear in this thread.

First of course, you need to learn to play better.

Secondly, just play with people you know.

I'm not against either of those concepts, in fact they will both make the game a better experience.

The problem is with the game, it's really that simple.

Even if the user does nothing, the players you don't control should have some type of awareness or understanding of the same play being repeated and adjust. I'm not asking for whole sale defensive adjustments without user input but rather the "game adapts to you" slogan this game was sold on years ago to factor in.

Even if that doesn't work, injuries, stamina or fatigue should start to effect a player putting in that type of workload. The game is void of real time injuries but cramping and exhaustion are just to pre loaded injuries that come to mind.

In closing, I realize the guy came here for help in solving a problem. So he was asking for the suggestions I spoke about. I also know based on his post he felt he was being exploited and took notice of release time, secondary position, repeated animations, etc.

I just wish we could use these examples more as a means to demand a better product and show the flaws we deal with.
It's disappointing that at this point there is no need to even look at the underline problem, the game itself, because that is a foregone conclusion. Anyone choosing to still play Madden at this point, shouldn't be surprised by any nonsense that happens in the game. I am not knocking the OP for seeking advice but it should be understood that most suggestions will likely follow the usual pattern.

That said, understand that I completely agree with the game being THE issue but ain't nothing any of us can do about it except not buy/play it and vent, like I often do on here, lol.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 12-29-2012 at 05:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »