Home

M12 negatives vs M13 negatives

This is a discussion on M12 negatives vs M13 negatives within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
M12 negatives vs M13 negatives

Which are more easier to look pass? I only ask because every time I give 13 another go round the game keeps pissing me off with its wonky animations, less than stellar AI, and some CCM bugs. Yet the game play at times can be immersive and fun. I forgot about 12's issues, but are they more tolerable than 13.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: M12 negatives vs M13 negatives

I haven't seen negatives with 12 since I started re-rating my rosters with the FBG site. It is amazing what these little tweaks to the ratings can do for the game play. Madden 13 needed some more time. There was too much taken out for me to enjoy it. I have much more fun with 12's franchise. I am probably about 2 weeks out from finishing my re-rates, but when I do, look out! Madden 12 is an excellent football game.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Rookie

PSUFreak083's Arena

OVR: 3

In M13 one of the the big negatives is how after the pre season ends they do not have all the free agents in the free agent list. They only allow a max number of players to be seen. They even do this when you go to the manage roster screen in the main menu as well.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Between the constant freezing,(wich EA has never addressed) awful CCM, and terrible AI I had to put this waste of a disc back on the shelf and thiss after getting the game for free...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Pros an cons to both games.

Madden 12 pros:

Full roster control and customization - full on editing for everything.

32 team control - a big plus to keep things realistic if that is your wish and to overcome the wonky resign logic Madden has.

Franchise Mode - A good solid franchise mode that works. Even the UFDA is manageable if you have 32 team control.

On the field - AI is really good and teams play very close to their real life counterparts.

Presentation - Awesome replays, fantastic camera cut scenes and stadium shots. Authentic team fight songs

Cons:

Tackling - Really sub par. It is true pinball tackling and after a while it get's really old, really fast IMO. The same animations over and over. A lot of suction as well on the OL/DL interactions.

Passing - Once you play with the new passing trajectories of NCAA 13 and M13 the passing on M12 is infuriating at times and really stale. There is no in-between. It is either a floater or a bullet and the lack of control is obvious. And the super LB's are insane. You still have them from time to time in M13 but not nearly as often as on M12. Also the CPU floats so many passes. It is a major weakness of M12 IMO.

Running Game - RB's glide like they are on Ice to the outside....far too easy IMO to rip off huge runs. It just feels too arcady in that area after a while.

Presentation - quite possibly the worst play by play and color I have ever heard in any major sports game.

M13

Pros

Gameplay - despite the raw and new Infinity Engine after patch 1.03 it feels far more organic than M12 with tackling and player movement. The game feels better overall on the field. The new passing trajectories are great and make the passing game diverse and a lot of fun. Throwing on the run is great, throwing curls and outs are realistic and sometimes a thing of beauty. It just feels so much better and they really improved this area of the game. I have seen some sick tackles and the game gives a great variety of tackles and the way plays unfold unlike M12 where I see the same tackle animations over and over and over.

CCM - a radical change from the traditional franchise mode. It has some really good things going for it (as well as some really crappy things more on that later) like the XP system (which I find a lot of fun and interesting in the grand scheme) the new scouting and draft presentation as well as tweeter feeds to give story lines to the draft.

Presentation - The play by play and color saw a drastic overhaul and massive improvement. In fact it is the best I had ever heard on Madden (not saying much though).

Cons:

Gameplay - AI is very suspect in late game situations. I am using the playbook workaround for year one as I have read once you get 2-3 years into CCM to go back to team specific playbooks.

CCM - No player editing, no 32 team control, I feel completely disconnected from the league. While I do get very immersed in my team, I have no clue what is going on with the other 31 teams. Bugs in auto subs, schemes, freezing issues (that have been widespread although I have yet to have them). Menu system is not exactly user friendly and convoluted.

Presentation - The replays stink...big time. The challenge system does not work at all, gone are the stadium team specific fight songs, a lot of the great camera work from M12 is gone (baffling).

So a tale of two Maddens. I love things about 12 and I love things about 13.

Both games are incomplete and that is sad. Because I can't seem to play either for longer than a few months before putting them away and then going back when I need an NFL fix.

I will say I got through 3 seasons of franchise with 12.

I have not even finished one with M13.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »