Home

Rebuilding? But Who?

This is a discussion on Rebuilding? But Who? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Rebuilding? But Who?

Buffalo has a really good young core to build around. Fitzpatrick is a good interim guy to groom a young QB, Spiller is a feature back, the offensive line is very good with Levitre and Wood anchoring it. Zebrie Sanders, Chris Hairston, and Cordy Glenn are three very good young tackles to progress.

WR is weak, but Stevie is there to anchor it.

Defense has a great front, and good linebackers to build on. CB is a big hole along with SS.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
Cardinals are only a QB away from being a nasty team as long as you can keep Beanie Wells healthy.
Yeah Cards are way too easy in Madden. Their biggest weaknesses are QB and Oline which really aren't big weaknesses in Madden, you can easily be successful with Skelton under center until you draft the QB you like, the difference between a great and an abysmal Oline isn't that huge in Madden, you have some great differencemakers on defense, you got maybe the best CB in the game in my opinion, the Cards aren't THAT huge of a challenge, really.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #11
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I just started a rebuild with Jacksonville. I actually simmed the first season keeping their coach then retired him and took over before the offseason for season 2.

I chose them because they need a rebuild, but also because of them not having as much histroy as many of the other franchises needing a new start. Not sure why but whenever I do a rebuild with a team in a sports game I like picking a team like this. I am rebuilding the Bobcats in 2k13 and it is a lot of fun. In The Show I usually pick a team that has never won a World Series.

For Madden I miss being able to relocate a team. Not sure it was used much by people here, but I always enjoyed doing that and had always wanted them to improve it or at least give us more logo options. Instead it got removed and can't even create a team anymore. Not including Teambuilder, but that isn't the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

if u want a challenge use the browns or jags there 2 really bad teams that need alot of help
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Its weird that the Jets don't get mentioned as a form of a rebuild.

if you use the roster update that Revis is Out and so is Holmes then they are tough to play with.

OL - Best part of the team - At least you can run the ball.
DL - Not bad but RE getting older so needs replacing. - Wilkerson is class though
LB - Poor (imho) - why? - Pass coverage is non existent and so fecking slow.
CB - Inconsistant without Revis
S - 5 Safteys on the roster who can tackle and stop the run. Not one who can cover the back end properly.
WR - Beyond awful - They all drop the ball in coverage, Hill takes forever to get good and dont get me started on there route running/
QB - Sanchez - Duff , Tebow - fun to play with but not a winner in madden unlike RL
RB - Greene good between the tackles. Mcknight only good for return game. With time Powell has real potential.
TE - Willl you pay Keller what he wants.

No 1 reason why hard to play with - No cap room. I finished 9-7 in first season and that was playing my arse off. Still had to gut the roster to do anything in FA and Draft.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just started one with the Bills, i really dislike Fitzpatrick and his long contract so, ill just have to put up with him for a season i guess until i can draft a replacement.
Thinking of trading fred jackson for draft pick, recon i could get a 3 rounder for him and make Spiller the main RB.
0-1 with a tough loss to the Jets on opening day,playing with pre excisting injuries off.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #15
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Jags, assuming you don't load up on FA and just work with the roster they have. An inconsistent QB is the hardest thing to work around in this game, and your only hope is that MJD and great defense can keep you in games.
In my online league I upgraded gabbert in less than a year to 84 overall with high 80s accuracy his thp alone is not close to inconsistent. He is like 21 and a beast madden qb.. No one believed me in my online league when I said he would be my franchise qb.. Then he won afc qb of the year and was like 4th for MVP of the nfl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 25

Usually I love drafting and signing new corners, safeties, receivers, QBs, and running backs. The Rams have needs at all of those positions except for CB. I love them because I can draft the next great ball hawking safety, a new quarterback if Bradford can't get it done, a stud running back in a few years, and the only receiver that I've heard of on their team is Amendola so I can draft a receiver. You can pretty mush shape the Rams whole team.
Year 3 - 11-5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »