Home

Running Back Ratings (& hidden skills)

This is a discussion on Running Back Ratings (& hidden skills) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9
Running Back Ratings (& hidden skills)

1. I've noticed that some stock/computer generated players have inherent skills that don't translate in their ratings. (basic ex. LeSean McCoy has the best juke in Madden, but his juke rating is only listed in the low 90's.) Also, some drafted WRs have low catch/CIT/spectacular catch ratings, but catch anything thrown their way, even have special catch animations. Are some of these skills/animations just built in?

2. I've had RBs come out of the draft with great elusive/juke/tackle-breaking abilities in their rookie season, but as I progress them, they are less effective at breaking tackles/juking in their second season on. Do the special 'built-in' attributes go away as you progress them? If a player is doing great with his juke, should I not add on anymore? Anyone else get this? Or is it all in my head?

3. Know of any players that are deceptively good at breaking tackles and juking, but their ratings do not justify their effectiveness? I don't care how fast they are or high/low their OVR is, I'm looking for RBs who shed tackles and keep going, if even for an extra yard or two.

Am I imagining these things (#1 & 2) or are you seeing the same?
TIA
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »