Home

Ratings change from ccm menu screen to gameplay

This is a discussion on Ratings change from ccm menu screen to gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Ratings change from ccm menu screen to gameplay

Hello everyone...Has anyone else experienced different player ratings from the ccm menu screen within your career to actual gameplay? To be more specific, within my Dolphin career Ryan Tannehill is rated a 78 on the depth chart, but when the game starts and i go to the depth chart he is an 80. The same for every other player on both teams. The ratings are completely different. I play on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ratings change from ccm menu screen to gameplay

Yes, I have recently noticed this too. I had seen a couple of points swing here and there and thought it may be the hot/cold streak thing. However, I recently drafted an LG who looks like a bust with an overall in the 50's on the CCM menu, but in game his overall is always in the 70's. Very odd. Anyone know what the story is here?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
Banned

I'm glad that someone else has noticed this. I am a long time madden player but this year's installment has completely disappointed me. It has taken me forever to start a career and finally the last ccm rosters are updated and this happens. How am i supposed to realistically resign players in the offseason when i am not 100% sure what their actual rating is. I am so worn out by this years addition. I hope others can shed some light on this topic if they are experiencing the same.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

im pretty sure this has to do with players schemes for what ever reason QB's and sometimes WRs seem to be rated a few points lighter in the depth chart than in game depth chart. but like bruce irvin is like and 80 but in the speed rusher scheme he will appear as a 88. Basically dont pay attention to Overalls just look at the attributes that are important to you.

Josh cribbs is rated like an 80 but he will never play for me because he cant catch the damn ball.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

The CCM rating is based on what your schemes are set to for each position. The in game rating is the good old fashion Madden rating that has been used forever with one caveat, it includes hot and cold streaks. The hot/cold streaks only vary by a few points up or down though, so it is still a pretty good indicator of the "true" Madden rating.

The reason your lineman is rated so low in CCM, and not in game, is you have your scheme set for his position to one that is the opposite of his actual player type and skill set. For example, he is a Big Mauler but your scheme has LG as Zone Block.

Also keep in mind that all overall ratings are arbitrary. They don't affect gameplay at all. Gameplay is determined by the underlying ratings that are used to make up the overall rating. Regardless if your scheme for LG set to Big Mauler or Zone Block, the player will play exactly the same in the game. Even "true" overall rating that is used for everything in Madden, is arbitrary. It is simply an algorithm used by EA to calculate how good a player is based on all of his individual ratings.

A few years ago (Madden 08, I think) overall would determine if players had certain weapons which would then give them in game rating boosts. The various devs that have been on these forums since then have assured us that all of that code has been removed and that overall rating has NO affect on how a player plays in game.

Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »