Home

Rebuilding help please

This is a discussion on Rebuilding help please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rebuilding help please

I'm in my first year with the Browns. I've been scouting Gaurds and Defensive Secondary. Weeden is just fine for a starter in Madden. Even realistically, it'd be stupid to draft a "franchise QB" before you even have an OL to support him. I'm spotting out for Corners and Safeties to spend my 2-4th round picks on. I'm going to let Sheldon Brown test the FA because he's old and doesn't fit my scheme. I'd prefer a better SS since that's the position I play. I might even look for a fast WR with good intangibles.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Rookie

redlasers123's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Hey guys;

This is my first time playing madden and I am loving it with full addiction. I am currently playing as the cowboys and trying to rebuild them. This may sound silly but not sure where to start. I have some questions if someone would mind. The first thing I did is trade room for picks. So here are my questions.

1. When rebuilding where is the best place to start? I try to play realistic and fair.

2. While playing and simming how to I tell where I need to rebuild or what my teams needs and weakness is? When u guys rebuild how do you know your weakness.

3. How do u keep rebuild/cutting/trades fair is there a general rule?

4. If you we're rebuilding the cowboys how would you do it? My friend said I should start with a team that needs less pieces, then progress to a worse team, is this true? Who would I pick?

Any tips and answers would really help and be really helpful. Thank you so much.
To see where to improve, I look at the stats and the ratings of my players, for example if all my wide receivers are below 70 and have a total of 10 TD's between them after one season, I know something is wrong. Also check where you're getting killed on defense, if the QB always has tons of time and you barely get any sacks, improve your DL. If the WR's are having career games, improve their man coverage and/or speed.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
So i will choose the bills, if you took over the bills as gm where would you stsrt? Who would u get rid of, trade? Finaly where are the bills biggest needs? Ty again alk
I took on the Bills and won the Super Bowl after year 4 (using a very fine-tuned set of sliders that makes for excellent, challenging play).

Without going step-by-step in everything I did, here's the crux of my moves:

Drafted a strong-armed, non-mobile QA in my first offseason. He took over from Fitzpatrick halfway through year 2. I used my Coach XP points to purchase the "Double QB XP Points" (or whatever it's called) and he quickly became awesome.

I drafted a stud receiver to pair with Stevie Johnson. I drafted a fast (91 speed) TE in the 7th round of my first draft -- gave myself a legit TE receiving target. After year 3 I signed Dez Bryant as a free agent, so my receiving corps was ridiculous.

After years 2 and 3 I used my 1 pick on cornerbacks, and had two play-making shutdown corners. After year 3, I signed Tom Zbikowski as a free agent to pair with Jairus Byrd in the secondary.

I drafted new, athletic MLB and outside LB.

And that's pretty much it. The Bills have a good, young, solid corps. I just took the time to groom them, fill in some holes, and it all came together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
Rookie

GT39's Arena

OVR: 11

I've started to rebuild the Titans and will post my Franchise story here at OS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »