Home

Sticking with a CCM

This is a discussion on Sticking with a CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #25
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Sticking with a CCM

My buddy has the same problem. What we did is chose a team (we picked the Falcons), and created each other on the team (he is RB and I'm the MLB). We are of course in the 90s overall lol. Yes unrealistic, but we are in year 4 now, winning one super bowl and losing the NFC championship twice.

He's told me that usually he can never stick with one team but this is the most fun he's ever had. So maybe it would work for u idk? Just a suggestion...Unrealistic? Yes. Fun? Yes. Find some good challenging sliders or create some of ur own like I have and you'll have a blast with any franchise imo though.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #26
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
It seems like whenever I start a dynasty I get tired and am not interested in a season or two. I want to build a dynasty and build up a team into a contender. I try drafting players that everyone says they love using but I struggle with them. Any tips for "sticking with it"?
This is your problem. Scout and draft your own players. It will feel much more rewarding to get that gem in the 5th round that turns into an All-Pro.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This is your problem. Scout and draft your own players. It will feel much more rewarding to get that gem in the 5th round that turns into an All-Pro.
Yup, it's awesome to watch my rookie FS so clearly dominate in his first year. Once he's got an off-season of progression under his belt, he's going to be a perennial pro-bowler.

Also cool is the fact that I reached on 2 prototype LBs because I'm OAK and both will be backups and best and bubble guys at worst.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 25

I just started a Cardinals one and drafted Donte Callaway. Im drafting players from my favorite colleges. I drafted a power back from Tennessee and am scouting a safety from Miami.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 01-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #29
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

1. Find a difficulty or slider set that suits you. Don't play 1 game with a set in the forums and say its great, then after a few CCM games you realize it doesn't suit your play style.

Settle with something you're comfortable with. Play a few games and get used to it. If you're not into sliders or new to the game, just play on default All-Pro or All-Madden and lower things like Interceptions and Run Block which are overpowered.

2. Find a team to play with. Don't choose a bad team for a "rebuild project". Play a team you at least know if you don't want to play your favorite team. When you play a game you know or like, your emotions get involved. You feel good when you win, bad when you lose, taking care of your roster means something, etc. With a team you don't know well, it'll be very boring. You won't care. You'll sign and trade whoever. It's just very apathetic.

3. Play to a system. If you want to practice, practice. If you don't, that's fine. You don't need to practice because somebody else on the forums do. Play to your own style.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

I think I am going to search forums to find an online league because when i play theres a feeling that i have

Offline: If im up by 20 pts or more i might just shut of my PS3 because its boring and sometimes when im nearly ahead in a game i sorta let the CPU catch up to me cause i want a challenge.

Online: I'd love to take on a n00b and beat him by 50pts, id be happy and excited.

I have a problem with Offline franchises because if there losing, i feel like the sliders arent good.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 21

To me, I've been able to play an online CCM longer than games prior. Dont get me wrong, a lot of the personal issues people speak of are entirely valid and honest assessments.

That said, to me the game is about the biggest hurdle I have. Its impossible to get away from how stale and repetitive the game gets. No players really come in and have an impact, none of your off season desicions really play into team chemistry or morale.

Then commentary just further adds to the issues, if you fantasy draft you will see the player mentions drop by 75% including removal of your "line up" specific references.

Never a mention of the season, prior accolades or disappointments. You can win MVP , break rushing records ... you name it .... Phil and Jim know nothing of it.

As many have mentioned, the schedule fails to properly generate after a few years so your going to be repeating that aswell.

In reality, unless your playing in a large group online your part of the exception if your not getting bored. The only thing that changes on a consistant basis is the twitter feed which the user has zero way of interacting with.

In closing, your left to draw interest out of a game by reading 80 character or less pre scripted and very bland text messages. Good luck with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #32
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

agreed. it actually bothers me quite a bit. I NEVER hear the announcers mention players. occasionally ill hear a tackle by eric berry, a handoff to charles. but its about 1/20th of previous years, and it still has no tie in to your franchise. its annoying because you see ncaa where they will say names that dont exist in college football, and madden cant even get the ones that do exist in pro football. Id love it if they could go further and actually say names like "blane giles" or at the least "giles" etc. that and the cpu actually keeping key players, as well as AI decision making IN game, would make a big difference.

I almost feel like its pointless though to even point these things out. not sure anyone cares

they put in a HOF, yet somehow OL, DL(who arent already in the game) OLB("" "") DB("" "") can't even make it in with 5 superbowls and awards.

sometimes I really wonder with the lack of testing. these are things that should have been ironed out before ccm was even put in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »