Home

Coach getting fired, what do I do with his XP

This is a discussion on Coach getting fired, what do I do with his XP within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Coach getting fired, what do I do with his XP

I have the Redskins in CCM and got off to 1-6 start, so i know Shannahan is fired after this season. I have 25000 XP and some upgrades from him.

What happens to the xp and upgrade, when he gets fired?

Do I lose the xp I earned from him? What happens to the upgrade i bought?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's lost with him. My coach got fired and so did his XP.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coach getting fired, what do I do with his XP

I play with coach firing off because the system is flawed. Shanahan is in a 5 year contract. If Madden's coach firing system were to work in the NFL, he would of been fired long ago.

Then force to retire? You can win the Super Bowl then go 8-8 or whatever the next Season and be forced to retire. Well Tom Coughlin, go retire you horrible coach going 8-8. Lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7

Agreed, it's totally flawed, like many of the features.

At the end of the first season, Shanahan gets fired & takes over the Bills. Granted some coaches do get fired after only one season in real life (Mularkey, for example), but there should be some type of coach-prestige rating & more prestigious coaches should be less likely to get fired in their first couple of years. The more you lose, the more the coach prestige drops (but not drastically, so that it would take a while for a prestigious coach to drop to the point of getting fired). Likewise, the more you win, the the more your prestige rises.

A prestigious coach should be able to take over a low-prestige team & instantly (slightly) boost the team prestige due to the coach prestige.

Also, highly prestigious coaches should be coveted by other teams & offered higher paying coaching jobs, which doesn't happen in Madden 13.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Also hard to imagine a coach getting fired the year after drafting a franchise QB like RG3. Not many owners / GMs would fire a coach like that. You risk a few negative effects on the team by doing so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

You're gonna lose all progress/xp that he has. The best thing to do would be spend all of the xp you already have on the positional xp boosts, so your players can get something out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »