Home

Pancake Blocks

This is a discussion on Pancake Blocks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Pancake Blocks

Ok so im using my man's Jarrod's black sliders and its week 11 and my team has a total of 5 pancake blocks my rg has 3 and LG has 2. ALl be it I am using the Bears and our terrible O line. I do have Jeff Otah tho and 6'8 Aaron Boone.

I was wondering when do pancake blocks happen during running plays or is it more so during passing plays. Because i run and pass the ball equally around 50% for both wondering if maybe i need to do more of one thing than the other to improve my o line pancake blocks statistics. I mean i know my o linemen arent that good so maybe thats the reason. But i have 3 of my 5 starting lineman are 6'7 and taller so idk just felt like they should have a little bit better stats as far as pancake blocks.

Wondering if there are any secreats to getting more pancake blocks like maybe running more screens or run the ball more or pass the ball more or idk anything. And how many pancake blocks does your team get during the season.

thanks

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pancake Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
Ok so im using my man's Jarrod's black sliders and its week 11 and my team has a total of 5 pancake blocks my rg has 3 and LG has 2. ALl be it I am using the Bears and our terrible O line. I do have Jeff Otah tho and 6'8 Aaron Boone.

I was wondering when do pancake blocks happen during running plays or is it more so during passing plays. Because i run and pass the ball equally around 50% for both wondering if maybe i need to do more of one thing than the other to improve my o line pancake blocks statistics. I mean i know my o linemen arent that good so maybe thats the reason. But i have 3 of my 5 starting lineman are 6'7 and taller so idk just felt like they should have a little bit better stats as far as pancake blocks.

Wondering if there are any secreats to getting more pancake blocks like maybe running more screens or run the ball more or pass the ball more or idk anything. And how many pancake blocks does your team get during the season.

thanks
I have some what figured out this pancake issue. To answer the above question I would say pancakes should happen on both passing and running plays. You would assume more so on passing but that topic is for another conversation. The first thing I've noticed is sliders have very little effect on pancake blocks I've used default All-Madden, Charter, and Jarrods slider sets. Some of my linemen will finish in the top five for pancakes and it's mainly due to the running game.

I usually run a vertical passing offense, my RB would average anywhere from 10-15 carries a game playing with 14 min Quarters. What I do to get my Oline pancake blocks is run the ball more. I try to get my RB at least 20 carries a game. I've have noticed a big jump in pancake blocks when utulizing this method on multiple teams.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

Your playing EAs madden. Pancakes aren't counted. If you get one a fame you are lucky. Pancake stats have been messed up for years.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

My best season in pancakes was this last season. Trent Williams ended w/ 13 or 14 pancakes and only 1 sacked allowed.
My next best player had 10 or 11, not at home to see exactly now.

I do stick w/ the run and I've had games were the CPU will stick w/ the run and get just as many. I avg about 3 or 4 pancakes per gm now.

It was nice to be able to progress my O-Lineman for once in Madden history lol

heres my current setup http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-realism.html
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

Playing the Browns and using whoonsnext's sliders. Thomas and Mack record a lot of pancakes. Sometimes Thomas alone records 4 in a single game. Usually the team gets 5 or 6 per game. Not sure, but maybe consistency plays a part in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

consistency plays a part and fatigue. I was getting more pancakes the higher the fatigue was.
Now I'm back at 50 and the pancakes numbers are usually right around the simmed stat pancakes.

Now the more consistent players/good players will get the higher number of pancakes, as they should.

I'm just glad to see my O-Lineman progressing for the first time, as I mentioned previously.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Ok so basically the terrible o lineman i have is the reason i havent really been getting too many pancake blocks i just gotta improve my oline ok thats good one day we will be able to get us some good blocks because i run the ball prollyy around 30-40 times a game with 15min quarters

Cant wait to all of my Huge o lineman get good enough to consistently get pancake blocks

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
Ok so basically the terrible o lineman i have is the reason i havent really been getting too many pancake blocks i just gotta improve my oline ok thats good one day we will be able to get us some good blocks because i run the ball prollyy around 30-40 times a game with 15min quarters

Cant wait to all of my Huge o lineman get good enough to consistently get pancake blocks
I would work on their, Consistency, Impact Blocking, and Fatigue. You want your O-Lineman to be on the field when the CPU's D is tired and/or subbing guys in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »