Home

Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

This is a discussion on Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #17
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

EA's yearly ritual of polishing turds and putting lipstick on pigs is truly starting to tire me out... from an X's & O's perspective Madden is atrocious, every conceivable element of the game is broken in some way or another, the only way to be competitive online is to cheese, but EA doesn't really have anything to worry about. Every year they get great sales, and that's really all that matters. It's a business. They don't care if we have fun or not, they just care if they get our $60. I mean look at MUT. It had potential to be one of the most fun modes of any sports game. It was a really good idea, but EA just turned it into a mindless cash grab. Every year EA gets my hopes up through their marketing team (I think they pay their marketing team more than their developers) just to dash them by breaking literally everything. Every year consists of about 50 new glitches, 10 band-aids, and 2 new disappointing features. At this point my only hope is that they scrap the code moving on to the next generation of consoles and start fresh. I'd even love if they'd take M14 off and pool all of their resources into developing M15 on the PS4 and XBOX 720, and gave us an actual good product that can appeal to both sim gamers and casual gamers. Just look at NBA 2k13. Basketball (which has much less of a market share than Football) can have a game like that. Don't we deserve one too?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad

Just look at NBA 2k13. Basketball (which has much less of a market share than Football) can have a game like that. Don't we deserve one too?
Good post, said before and will be continued until they make a NFL game.

Big difference between the two. 2k you can choose the style of game you want. Madden is Madden ball.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #19
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

The sad part about it is that they have no competition, and probably won't have any next gen either.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I have fallen for it every year, I always say I'm not going to buy Madden, and because I love football so much I can't seem to stop myself. Madden 13 , what can you say. At first I really liked it, then two weeks went by and all the flaws showed up. Now I've gone back to Madden 10, All Pro 2k8 this gen, and NFL 2k5 and Madden 2005 on the original Xbox. I shouldn't have to go back to last gen to find a good football game.

This will never happen but just once I'd love to see everyone in this Madden forum take a year off. Make this place a ghost town and don't give EA our money. Can we do it? I think I can this year.

Last edited by JMD; 01-25-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er

I think its safe to say that a lot of us who have played since the first madden, are incredibly unhappy with the product.
It doesn't matter though if you buy every year. I don't think Madden is great, but I buy every year because I need that NFL football fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

I have found that immersing yourself into a dynasty and blogging about it on the dynasty forums has made a huge difference in my love of Madden 13. Being able to create storylines and having a great slider set allows me to make this game fun. I find that playing online against people is boring and most of the time frustrating due to the cheesers that find their way in.

I would love to see MUT revamped and make it just a card collecting system or maybe just make situations like Madden Moments Live. I find it hard to continue a CCM and also try to play MUT and then take the time to buy card packs and collect. That's my two cents.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ive played madden since the Genises system days, Sad how madden has gone down hill. 2004 seems to be the last Onfield Great game.
Funny how us oldtimes have come to hate the game and yet the NEW pups Love it.. AH Youth, Know all but yet Know nothing.. With Age comes wisdom.. Anyhow, Unless 2k or SOMEONE comes up with a game that competes with Madden it will only get worse..
I am such a FB nut right now I go between, Madden 12,10,08,07 PC,04 2k8 and even Maximum FB alittle. And sometimes Fb Pro98.
Be nice if I could get everything I like from each game into one..
Madden, sadly its about the Money and not the Game..
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #24
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Evan, I really hate "liking" your post. I do. But you're ryte. The bad thing is the things you touched on are miniscule compared to the grand scheme of things. There is so much that is wrong with EA football. This is the least I have ever played NCAA and Madden. There is just other quality games out there. And I hate that, b/c I LOVE the NFL and the ability to emulate it.

I flat out quit my last 2 online matches, just b/c of disgust of gameplay. I wasn't even losing. I never do that. Last 5 Madden's my d/c percentage was never higher than 4 %, and those were server/internet issues. I doubt I'm getting M14. I KNOW I'm not getting NCAA. First time I can say that since the 90's.

My football fix... Madden and NCAA on the PS 2. Looks ****ty on HD TV but really, how great are those graphics compared to things nowadays anyway, ryte? All those features that I miss... gameplan, newspaper, radio show, VISION CONE, etc. are all there. And let's face it... last gen was the glory days for EA football and 7 years later, they still are the standard. SMGDH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »