Home

Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

This is a discussion on Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

How many of these threads can there be? There's an "I broke mine in half one," and countless other "this is bad, that is bad" threads and they crop up every time the last one hits page two.

I've played Madden since the very beginning, I watch football, and I like the game. Just for perspective people complain about The Show--the game that's often touted as the most faithful representation of its sport in this generation (though I know NBA 2K has a great rep too).

You know what the complaint was in The Show? It was TOO realistic. If you had a batter that was a .250 guy, it was really hard to make him a .310 guy, even if your timing or placement was good, simply because that guy had statistical limitations.

I think people will complain loudly and often if the game lets you do too much or too little, so there's no winning.

The APF nostalgia often leaves out the fact that you had to "charge up" to make special moves that triggered some abilities. How realistic is that?

Or the 2K5 nostalgia. That game had to be modded through Finn's editor to become the true legend that it is. Out of the box it had real issues, despite the neat features like calling fronts independently of coverages.

I'd love it if there was one big thread where all of this could go so the same coterie of people can talk to themselves about what a bad game this is.

I think a more productive reaction is what Baller has done--find the football in the game and mobilize it to create the most enjoyable experience.

Just my .02 as another 12 year vet and 30-something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
Banned

Da Football Guy's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

ALL EA SPORTS CARES ABOUT IS MONEY. Let's look at they bought the exclusive licensing rights around the time $30.00 ESPN 2K football was picking up a lot of EA SPORTS customers. EA SPORTS don't listen to THE REAL GAMERS. EA SPORTS IS A MONEY WHORE.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
Banned

Da Football Guy's Arena

ALL EA SPORTS CARES ABOUT IS MONEY. Let's look at it they bought the exclusive licensing rights around the time ESPN 2K football ($30 game)was picking up a lot of EA SPORTS customers. EA SPORTS don't listen to THE REAL GAMERS. EA SPORTS IS A MONEY WHORE.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
How many of these threads can there be? There's an "I broke mine in half one," and countless other "this is bad, that is bad" threads and they crop up every time the last one hits page two.

I've played Madden since the very beginning, I watch football, and I like the game. Just for perspective people complain about The Show--the game that's often touted as the most faithful representation of its sport in this generation (though I know NBA 2K has a great rep too).

You know what the complaint was in The Show? It was TOO realistic. If you had a batter that was a .250 guy, it was really hard to make him a .310 guy, even if your timing or placement was good, simply because that guy had statistical limitations.

I think people will complain loudly and often if the game lets you do too much or too little, so there's no winning.

The APF nostalgia often leaves out the fact that you had to "charge up" to make special moves that triggered some abilities. How realistic is that?

Or the 2K5 nostalgia. That game had to be modded through Finn's editor to become the true legend that it is. Out of the box it had real issues, despite the neat features like calling fronts independently of coverages.

I'd love it if there was one big thread where all of this could go so the same coterie of people can talk to themselves about what a bad game this is.

I think a more productive reaction is what Baller has done--find the football in the game and mobilize it to create the most enjoyable experience.

Just my .02 as another 12 year vet and 30-something.

Man, are you serious?

Have you ever played a sport in your life?

These are thing you must look to when people make statement like this, its not like Michael Jordan could go and play like he does without having that "Focused Energy" to prepare himself for the fastbreak momentum just before he wind mills it to finish it off.

Or how about taking hits or "trucking" defenders?

I guess you dont have to "Charge up" for that right?

C'mon man, you sound really ridiculous right now on top of you bashing someones way of venting regardless of what every other poster and thread starter was going thru then.

Do we gotta charge up

Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Eh, this thread is starting to go south.

Once that occurs, time to back away.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
All those threads must tell you something about the state of the game. If the product would have been better this console gen, fewer threads like this would be here.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, this thread is starting to go south.

Once that occurs, time to back away.
C'mon bruh, its post like these that make threads go south!

I didnt mean any harm in what I posted or any malicious intent toward the person I quoted. His post didnt make a lick of sense and I pointed that out constructively as i could.

Please dont put 2 on the 10 in situations thats its not called for please, I havent seen anything else in here point toward this thread getting out of line (im ignoring the spammer). very civil discussion going on here bruh, I appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
C'mon bruh, its post like these that make threads go south!

I didnt mean any harm in what I posted or any malicious intent toward the person I quoted. His post didnt make a lick of sense and I pointed that out constructively as i could.

Please dont put 2 on the 10 in situations thats its not called for please, I havent seen anything else in here point toward this thread getting out of line (im ignoring the spammer). very civil discussion going on here bruh, I appreciate it!
Smoke, don't sit there and speculate. You know what they say when you assume.

Relax, I wasn't referencing your post at all.

Last edited by roadman; 01-25-2013 at 05:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »