Home

What's the ONE thing you must see in Madden 14 before you buy it?

This is a discussion on What's the ONE thing you must see in Madden 14 before you buy it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #25
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What's the ONE thing you must see in Madden 14 before you buy it?

A independent "simulation" setting/mode, like in other sports sims, so they no longer have the "fun" for the masses moniker to hide behind for why Madden is not more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #26
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

After the game freezing today at the end of the 3rd quarter of the SB I vote for in game saves!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 12

Correct Panthers uniforms, there's no excuse for the way they look this year.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

And in some of these previous posts, lies the inherent problem:

You will buy the game, no matter what they fix.

Until enough of the "right" people start getting pissed off enough to say screw it and not buy Madden, EA will continue to add a couple gimmicky things plus roster updates every year and pass it off as being "all new" so they can charge another $60. I stopped buying Madden at full price somewhere in the early to mid-2000's when I realized that I couldn't stop my buddy from running Terrell Owens in motion and having him streak down the field un-opposed while my DB decided to blitz instead of covering him.

Once EA sees a significant drop in profit and reads enough complaints, they might do something. For that to happen, we need more competition, NFL2K wink wink.

FWIW, I wanna see a better style presentation, like they had with NFL2k5 regarding highlights. I still wont buy the game unless I can either get it under $25 or do a playtest for EA and get it free
Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #29
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
A independent "simulation" setting/mode, like in other sports sims, so they no longer have the "fun" for the masses moniker to hide behind for why Madden is not more realistic.
Ditto. Was gona request the game play to the sim standard out the box. Sim may be too general still but sim would entail the vital workings of real life american pro football.

Ultimately if this was monopoly i would want the money to replucate the real monopoly money. I would also want the same rules enforced. Just like a digital chess game. I suppose w all the money they profit this should be feasible.

If you cant move your king more than one place do the same for the digital game or its no longer chess.. Its a sham.. I dont want the charlatans version of electronic nfl football.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #30
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd like to see some honest-to-goodness honest previews of the game, unlike this past year when everyone was gushing over IE...then I played the demo and had to re-read every single preview I read to make sure I'd remembered what I'd read correctly. SMH.

If someone was actually honest about Madden in their preview it would be encouraging towards a purchase...

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 10

Real football from the ground up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
There isn't one improvement by itself that could make Madden 14 a day one purchase for me.

I need to see:

*Improved AI play calling, situational awarness, mismatches

*Improved offensive and defensive line interaction (this is a huge one, I need to see the Dline win or lose in more varied ways, Defensive ends take better angles and a real pocket form, realistic pressure from good 4 man fronts without the DT blowing up the middle every single time) Double team blocking on BOTH run and pass plays!

*A halftime show or at least more than one replay, halftime should tell what happened until that point and post game should show how the winning team won and how the losing team lost.
A weekly wrap up would help but I'll settle for in game improvements.

*I need to see that animations aren't controlling the action and that the infinity engine is in fact doing what it was ADVERTISED TO DO

*All of the missing features from 12 need to return and function properly.

*Foot planting and more realistic player movement.

I've been playing this game for too many years to give it a pass for getting just one of the above correct. Madden has had long enough alone to get even it's own vision of NFL football nice and tight, anything less is unacceptable.
I'm with Tre here on this. How can one thing implemented make it a one day purchase? Simply answer it can't. Madden needs many things implemented to make it a solid title.

Now I know there is one thing I would love to see removed but I know it will not be , and that is the infinity engine. I strongly feel RTP does not work for a football title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »