Home

Salary Cap Help

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9
Salary Cap Help

I recently took over a team on an Online CCM which is already close to the end of 2014. The team appears to be screwed... I don't know what the previous owner was doing, but at first I thought it would be fun to take over a poorly managed team and make it into my own.

The team is already out of playoff contention so I am trying to plan ahead for this offseason to see what I can do to improve my team. I first look to see who needs to be re-signed and there is only one player I plan to keep... Kyle Wilson, 85 OVR CB, still very young, and I lack in the CB position.

Then I spot the salary cap. It says I currently have $8 mil of free cap space for this season with a $7 mil cap penalty. Next season I only have $120k cap penalty, but I added up all of the player's 2015 (next season) "cap hits" and it adds up to $136 mil. The salary cap is $137 mil.. so am I totally screwed? Will I be able to re-sign my CB? Will I be able to sign any Free Agents? Should I worry about signing my draft picks?

There are also a few very good players that are due for a re-signing next season.. will I be able to re-sign any of those players?

I'm new to the whole CCM salary cap management so if someone could shed some light on this for me, it would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by G3no_11; 01-27-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Salary Cap Help

Go into the finances screen and there is a column that tells you how much salary cap you save by cutting any particular player. This should tell you who you can cut to save some cap space.

It may be the case that you have to drop 2-4 good players to get enough cap space to draft fillers. Also how many draft picks do you have/round. That also plays into next years cap based on projected rookie salaries.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

So as of now I am pretty screwed salary cap wise?

There's not a lot of players I will be able to cut without taking some cap penalties.

There is a RG I could cut. He is making 4mil a year for 3 more years... no cap penalties... but he's my starter and an 85 overall.

If I left everything the way it is now, would I be in trouble this offseason?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Do you have anyone who is nearing retirement? Maybe a well times retirement could save you.

Each year the salary cap increases I believe, but I don't know by how much.

Which players have the biggest cap hits?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »