Home

Roster Updates vs XP

This is a discussion on Roster Updates vs XP within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3
Roster Updates vs XP

There have been mixed reviews on the new XP system for progressing players, and it doesn't seem to mimic the online roster updates that occur throughout the real season.

Example, you could take the out-of-the-box (aka preseason) rating for JJ Watt, play with him to where he has the same statistical season as he did in real life, yet you would never be able to progress him to the 99 OVR that he is currently rated at. Now there are two sides to this argument... either the XP system is messed up or the roster updates are too inflated.

My proposal is this: if EA is married to the idea of having players earn XP in order to progress, they should employ the same system for roster updates. They should look at all the statistical data available for players after each week of the regular season and equate their performance to what they would receive in XP in Madden. Then release the new rosters with the XP added in.

This would force them to deal with inconsistencies in the XP system... especially if a new player busts onto the scene and starts having a statistically phenomenal year. In Madden, you can play with a 74 OVR QB, have an amazing year, and be lucky to get him to 80 OVR before next season. With roster updates, the ratings go up at an exponentially faster rate in order to put that player within the range of the other players his stats resemble.

Long story short, there is a disconnect between roster updates that reward a player's real life performance and the XP system that rewards a player's Madden performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Roster Updates vs XP

I feel ya, I think EA has done a horrible job with there new system. They need a system just based on player performance week to week with players going up and down. Take out the hot and cold streaks and implement a weekly system depending on performance. Then thats what they are the following year. Add in training camps like in the old madden or even a traing camp system like nba 2k for the beging of the year. I really think 2k does a great job with its potential system and where if you earn enough points you can make the player a higher potential. I know 12 had a potential system but it could not be changed. I guess none of this really matters till they get player ratings to matter and work all together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »