Home

Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter

This is a discussion on Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter

Things like this just frustrate me to no end. On one hand, you want to credit Looman for being around....on the other hand you just leave the conversation dazed and confused at just what kind of real plan does EA have for this franchise long term? I mean their own improvements apparently limit all kinds of other areas. It reminds me of this:

Quote:
The Queen's Riddle

Barak Obama meets with the Queen of England. He asks her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," says the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Obama frowns, "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen takes a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle."

The Queen pushes a button on her intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"

Tony Blair walks into the room. "Yes, my Queen?"

The Queen smiles. "Answer me this, please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says the Queen.

Obama goes back home to ask Joe Biden, his vice president, the same question.

"Joe. Answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says Biden. "Let me get back to you on that one." He goes to his advisors and asks every one, but none can give him an answer. Finally, he ends up in the men's room and recognizes Colin Powell's shoes in the next stall.

Biden asks Powell, "Colin! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Colin Powell yells back, "That's easy. It's me!"

Biden smiles, and says, "Thanks!" Then, he goes back to speak with Obama.

"Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Colin Powell."

Obama gets up, stomps over to Biden, and angrily yells into his face, "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter

LOL - this is just so ridiculous. Why does anyone think Looman is good at his job? What's even more revealing is how they always need to ask "the fans" how to implement this stuff. How about modeling it after real life in some fashion instead? This development team is an embarrassing bunch of clowns. Once again, they don't know how to build any of this. What a disaster of epic proportions.

Doesn't anyone else find it amazing that they can't even get the scheduling right? Or that the ability to change positions completely breaks the system? Is he serious????? Worst developers in the industry all work on this game - by a mile... #frustrated
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Why isnt it more global like a tackle is this much xp and a interception this much and so on.
Why does on ol man earns xp from running yards and the other on throwing yards. Imo they made it way to complicated.
And get rid of the xp for practice or atleast make it that youre rookies and players who dont play alot still get xp from training.
Practice cost way to much time and is very annoying.
Agree with all of this 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

tweak the stupid hall of fame point system so defensive players and OL stand a chance

of course, this is one of the many issues that really all come down to the stupid system in place. boo this.

asking us? how about playing through a few years, noticing that te's dont progress as well, so on so forth.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I feel like the basic disconnect here is that he's asking, "What would make a better football RPG?" when he should be looking at the system and seeing if it feels at all like running a team. Don't get me wrong - some of these ideas would make the game less grindy, less stagnant, and so on. But I don't really want a football RPG, and it's a shame that's the business EA wants to be in. I'm not going to repeat the stuff that's been said here in other threads about what challenges there are to running a team versus what Madden actually give us. A few adjustments are not going to cut it. Cam Weber should feel bad for calling this franchise "innovative."
Old 02-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why have a system in place that doesnt even allow for the most basic of things?

I want to meet the person that thought up this idea of XP and turning Franchise mode into an RPG and just

Taz said it best, these guys really dont know what theyre doing, and its sad for all the people that want a true representation of the NFL. Even sadder for the saps that continue to eat up this garbage...sigh
Old 02-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

This is just embarrassing. Seems like anything we ask about everything is it'll break the system. I have no confidence now in this mode. Most of us don't even like the XP idea to begin with. Why am I building up the players instead of the system building them up based on how they play on the field? If a player drops 10 passes in the game, but he receives XP for catching 3 TD's, does he really deserve a catching XP increase? They need to add more stats, make the attributes: traits (physical, technique, etc) and stop giving us the ability to add XP onto the players.

Btw, the sad part in this is 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB should have the same goals anyway. Now, if that breaks the system, then we're all in for it. I might accept if it was from a 3-4 OLB to a 3-4 ILB, but cmon now, ain't nobody got time to wait for these devs to take their head out of....

Last edited by at23steelers; 02-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
LOL - this is just so ridiculous. Why does anyone think Looman is good at his job? What's even more revealing is how they always need to ask "the fans" how to implement this stuff. How about modeling it after real life in some fashion instead? This development team is an embarrassing bunch of clowns. Once again, they don't know how to build any of this. What a disaster of epic proportions.

Doesn't anyone else find it amazing that they can't even get the scheduling right? Or that the ability to change positions completely breaks the system? Is he serious????? Worst developers in the industry all work on this game - by a mile... #frustrated
You know what I am going to state, HC09 is proof Looman can make a good realistic career mode, just not in Madden. For me CCM screams of a versions of HC09, attempted to be made for casuals and hardcore but that ish just doesn't work, lol.

Not many people seem to be paying this any mind but imagine, as talented as he clearly was given his previous work on NBA2k, how Mike Wang probably would have appeared if he kept working on NBA Live. The sad part of this is, if the same things continue to happen in Madden with the things Kolbe is credited with in the game, there will be no doubt that it's the culture at EA Tiburon, not a lack of talent, that is the root problem.

I know we have both stated that the "suits" don't directly instruct the devs/programmers to produce shoddy work but they do give them an unrealistic mandate, imo. Which I think is to "fun" up the NFL and make a football game that appeals to everyone. I feel AJ and Mike Wang man, there is no way I could see anyone that's passionate about realism working somewhere with an approach like that for an alleged sim sports video game.

I think this post stated it well in another thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
As for the idea you responded to - that these developers are doing their honest best - well, that's laughable. I've worked for some bad people. When you have a boss who only cares about numbers, you care about numbers. A part of you feels bad. Sometimes you do some extra work to take care of clients. Sometimes you get angry at a coworker who really embodies the crappy values of the company. But ultimately, when you work at a place that wants a mediocre product rushed out the door, you HAVE to compromise your work. When you've got unreasonable deadlines, insufficient resources, apathetic managers, rampant turnover, terrible communication, laughable documentation, lying sales/marketing people, and so on, you're working AGAINST the company when you do your best. You're screwing up deadlines, going over budget, and making the guys who fall in line look like jerks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »