Home

Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25

This is a discussion on Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25

Player movement is without a doubt the single biggest request to be fixed this next year. Running, cutting, locomotion is the most basic thing in any sport and they can't even get that right. Also, the CPU players that are running after you are perfectly mirroring your movements WITHOUT any hesitation or lag. As soon as you zig zag they mirror the exact path with zero reaction time. They look like robots or zombies, just life less.

And on that note, they need to add in reaction time. For instance, like 5 guys will attempt to catch a ball within that .5 seconds as it falls to the ground with instantaneous reaction time. Just looks so clanky and robotic.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
Big dont blow your money man! But anyway, compare this to the movement in 2K13 a game from this same gen. Now I know its not football, but just do it, This is where we are as Football Gamers...lol

And Id also like to see someone try to replicate this in 2k5 or 2k8? Just wanna see how that looks next to this!
I know it will look good.

But I just wanna say that it's best not to mention 2K in the Madden forums.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is zig zag running which has been requested to be removed for several years.

That is one of the top priorities.
Apparently not if it's been requested for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart
I know it will look good.

But I just wanna say that it's best not to mention 2K in the Madden forums.
Trust me I realize that! Haha just a comparison tho, no bashing intended lol

But seriously tho, someone film an older 2k Football game in the same situation and post it, just want to keep it fair and give madden a comparison so we dont have biased opinions towards what weve just watched
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Jp you should add a poll...I'd like to know how many people think this is going to be addressed? What's the best way to address the issue? Mo cap? I don't think Madden has used mo cap in 10 years. How do they fix it? What the developer perceives and translates into code is there, it's been there since at least 09 so it's embedded deep just like oline/ dline and AI how do they address this in one cycle...They can't...they know they can't so they won't. (prove me wrong and I'll retract any and all my statements)

If they know they can't fix it, then how do they hide it? The game is already at fighting game pace and not even comparable to even the fastest two minute NFL drill. The game has the bare minimum with a little extra. How do they hide what they obviously don't intend to fix? All I'm asking is for them to fool me at this point.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

This and and OL/DL-Pocket play should be at the top of the "Madden Folder of Shame" for all the guys who go down there to test the game.

All the attendees going down there this year should just go all Agent Smith on their butts

"I don't even want to see anything else until I get a look at these items right here......Fire up your latest build in practice mode please....Mr.Anderson.....or whoever you are"

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 02-04-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Well, if they didn't address, yet, they have 5 more months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Jp you should add a poll...I'd like to know how many people think this is going to be addressed? What's the best way to address the issue? Mo cap? I don't think Madden has used mo cap in 10 years. How do they fix it? What the developer perceives and translates into code is there, it's been there since at least 09 so it's embedded deep just like oline/ dline and AI how do they address this in one cycle...They can't...they know they can't so they won't. (prove me wrong and I'll retract any and all my statements)

If they know they can't fix it, then how do they hide it? The game is already at fighting game pace and not even comparable to even the fastest two minute NFL drill. The game has the bare minimum with a little extra. How do they hide what they obviously don't intend to fix? All I'm asking is for them to fool me at this point.
Tre my conspiracy theory is that they could fix this tomorrow if they wanted to but the current player movement is them intentionally making the game "fun". Don't believe me, then go on Youtube and look at any gameplay videos of NCAA Football 11 or even Madden 10 (though the locomotion for ball carriers seems far better tuned in NCAA 11) and compare that to the gameplay in M13.

Presumably the same tech is still in both games, they haven't said anything about taking out Railtracks or whatever it's called, I think it's just "funned" up now. You couldn't zig-zag in NCAA 11 to avoid contact like you can currently, the evasive moves actually had to be used.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 02-04-2013 at 11:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »