Home

Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25

This is a discussion on Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #33
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25

Just to pile on I'd also like the ability to control the speed of the player I'm controlling on any given play.

Right now, when the CPU snaps the ball as soon as I move the LS my player takes off at breakneck speed(without pressing the sprint button) in whatever direction I'm pressing. Strafe doesn't seem to help. One speed with no momentum and foot planting= an ugly game.

In FIFA they have analog sprinting which basically allows you to control how fast your player sprints. If you press the RT slightly, that's one speed, press more the speed increases. This combined with a strafe button that works as it is intended allows the player to block passing lanes and play better defense. You feel like you can actually control your players movements.

I'm not optimistic that this will be handled for M25. Why would I or anyone be optimistic?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Just to pile on I'd also like the ability to control the speed of the player I'm controlling on any given play.

Right now, when the CPU snaps the ball as soon as I move the LS my player takes off at breakneck speed(without pressing the sprint button) in whatever direction I'm pressing. Strafe doesn't seem to help. One speed with no momentum and foot planting= an ugly game.

In FIFA they have analog sprinting which basically allows you to control how fast your player sprints. If you press the RT slightly, that's one speed, press more the speed increases. This combined with a strafe button that works as it is intended allows the player to block passing lanes and play better defense. You feel like you can actually control your players movements.

I'm not optimistic that this will be handled for M25. Why would I or anyone be optimistic?
Exactly. They removed the analog sensitivity/precision player movement which is why the players jerk around or "zig zag" all over the place. I suppose I shouldn't say completely removed, because if you go into practice mode you can just baaarely get the player to jog (Offense) . Its most noticeable on defense though. Its very hard to explain. The movement just has a very "jerky" /"feathery" feel to it. The players just dont give off the illusion of being weighted down like the previous gen.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

After playing the SB last night I agree that player movement is the #1 priority. The player movement is absolutely atrocious and leads to a lot of busted plays. The X's and O's are terrible too. Why would you create a game with the read option and have stupid *** ways to stop it on defense. You can stop the read option, but it is dumb as hell how you have to stop it and is not real life strategy.

Also, people don't even have to zig zag. The movement is just screwed up. Pursuit is dumb too. You can have a Safety dropping to the deep middle 1/3. The offense can have a WR running a post. Why does the A.I decided to bring the safety down to get behind the WR? Why not knock the WR the hell out? I'm seriously thinking about hanging this game up man. Every year it's too much mess.

Last edited by LBzrule; 02-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

First of all, the video in the OP is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
After playing the SB last night I agree that player movement is the #1 priority. The player movement is absolutely atrocious and leads to a lot of busted plays. The X's and O's are terrible too. Why would you create a game with the read option and have stupid *** ways to stop it on defense. You can stop the read option, but it is dumb as hell how you have to stop it and is not real life strategy.
Or like you used to be able to wait until your opponent picked a play and if they came out in the Wildcat, you'd just run a goal line formation and stop it every time.

The zig zag movement is the worst thing of all though. It's too easy to run right around defenders because you're in control of their angles. Every now and then you'll see a player get into the open field and put a nasty move on someone, but it happens in Madden pretty much every time you get in space. All you have to do is run one way, then at the last moment run the other way.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

Also, people don't even have to zig zag. The movement is just screwed up. Pursuit is dumb too. You can have a Safety dropping to the deep middle 1/3. The offense can have a WR running a post. Why does the A.I decided to bring the safety down to get behind the WR? Why not knock the WR the hell out? I'm seriously thinking about hanging this game up man. Every year it's too much mess.
I don't even want to describe how I am trying to stop the pass in my league right now (since I run a 4-3). I'm too embarrassed...
Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

That is funny because I can't run the read option to save my life. Everytime I keep the ball with my QB he runs STRAIGHT into the DE or LB (and yes I know how to run this play). It's like I have no control over him for about 2 seconds after he keeps the ball, he just runs straight up the field when I want him to run to the outside.

Also, with the player movement it seems like DBs/LBs can cover like 2 guys at once. For example, I had two guys split out right to the wide side of the field. My outside guy was running a post and the slot guy was running a streak down the sideline. The one CB on that side was standing about an even distance between the two WR (about 15 yards). I threw to the outside guy and the CB was able to make up the ground and pick the pass off. Later in the game, I decide to run the same play and defense was in the same look, so I threw to the post route and same thing...the CB made up the 15 or so yards to break up the pass.

I think I'm about done with this game too. Next year, I am renting the game before I buy it and if I do buy it, I'm buying it used.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
That is funny because I can't run the read option to save my life. Everytime I keep the ball with my QB he runs STRAIGHT into the DE or LB (and yes I know how to run this play). It's like I have no control over him for about 2 seconds after he keeps the ball, he just runs straight up the field when I want him to run to the outside.

Also, with the player movement it seems like DBs/LBs can cover like 2 guys at once. For example, I had two guys split out right to the wide side of the field. My outside guy was running a post and the slot guy was running a streak down the sideline. The one CB on that side was standing about an even distance between the two WR (about 15 yards). I threw to the outside guy and the CB was able to make up the ground and pick the pass off. Later in the game, I decide to run the same play and defense was in the same look, so I threw to the post route and same thing...the CB made up the 15 or so yards to break up the pass.

I think I'm about done with this game too. Next year, I am renting the game before I buy it and if I do buy it, I'm buying it used.
I'm not sure why anyone would buy this new and support them that way. I got the game used the last 3 years to simply play in my league. I got it for 30.00 or less a week after launch. 2 of the three times it had the online pass in it.

As for your post about the dbs covering it's ridiculous so I know exactly what you mean. They seemingly warp to the right spot instantly becuase the game still senses the button presses and makes the defense go to that spot. You'll see dbs on the other side of the field react at the exact same time and in sync with each other. It looks terrible.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I'm not sure why anyone would buy this new and support them that way. I got the game used the last 3 years to simply play in my league. I got it for 30.00 or less a week after launch. 2 of the three times it had the online pass in it.
To be fair, I'm not sure why anyone buys any game new. So long as you're content to wait a week or two, you can pretty much find any game you want for 40-50% cheaper than it'd be on release day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »