Home

Brining back madden 2005

This is a discussion on Brining back madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Brining back madden 2005

IMHO it's the best game of all time. I have every madden from 2001 to present in the ps2/3 form. It's a shame that each year the quality of the game has dropped. With 05 being the best 06-07 being good but not living up to 2005 and then from 08 to now its has gotten drastically worse. I just wish I could change the button layout of my madden 2005 to mimic those of 13 so it could translate when I play 13 with friends or if I could get them to play 05 there would be no excuses. Hopefully madden 25 takes a page from madden 2005 just brings back franchise the authentic one from 2005 that we all know and love!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

as you see more and more new MuT content, it just makes me angry

we always hear there isnt enough time, and franchise mode isnt a money maker, isnt the freaking money maker supposed to be the selling of the game in the first place?

I just.....beyond the ridiculous AI in game, which makes it virtually impossible to lose if you know that every fly route has about a 40 percent chance to turn into a wide open streak up the freaking sidelines. or that late game the cpu cant run anymore, and will just let you get the darn ball back if somehow you made enough mistakes for them to be in the game

beyond that, I just cant stand playing a CCM, putting so much time into making it right. Example. in my ccm, the vikings went into the offseason w/ a need at TE. they spent their 2nd round pick on Karl Kruger, an awesome 80 overall TE, well he takes a backseat to a 82 overall free agent who was signed first. its like the game doesnt pick up on a need being filled. or a team just re-signs a QB, a franchise qb(somehow, its a miracle), then they draft at 1, the top qb available.

im so fed up with this game. before I could somewhat replicate the real nfl in that the games were realistic, and the stats were realistic to an extent, now its a nightmare, I find myself wondering why I even bother. the actual gameplay is poor, and the simulation is poor.

I just hate when im in a franchise, a team spends a high pick on a guy, you want to face that guy, you want that guy to sink or swim, and if he swims, he can dominate you. become a new force in YOUR nfl. the way its set now, my gosh, good freaking luck

the game says under career that you can take your player and fight to get to the hall. well its too bad half the positions cant make the hall unless you win 3 times as many super bowls as the all time leader.

not sure what to do when its the only option

my opponent in my next ccm game(Cpu controlled opponent) just drafted okoye jones FIRST, and have him 3rd on the depth chart behind....Armanti Edwards. every franchise I see luck go to SD, griffin heads somewhere to, by year 5. gosh it all just makes me mad.

they got the darn player card right in qb club. and they cant get it right in 2013. think of how far we've come in every other form of electronics. yet they cant program a game to have a choice with challenges, or to have announcers know the names of the actual players they pay the money to have the license of? just lazy.

Last edited by ajk49er; 02-12-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's a guide to getting the most out of M 05, with regard to both the play on the field and the sim stat engine:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-download.html

Here's a thread by that documents creator, which fleshes out what it is and what it does:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-updated.html

Those adjustments made M 05 the "Best in Show" to date, IMHO...

It's a bit of work, but makes the game run better than anything before or since...

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Here's a guide to getting the most out of M 05, with regard to both the play on the field and the sim stat engine:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-download.html

Here's a thread by that documents creator, which fleshes out what it is and what it does:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-updated.html

Those adjustments made M 05 the "Best in Show" to date, IMHO...

It's a bit of work, but makes the game run better than anything before or since...

Enjoy!
Is there a way to still get the last updated rosters?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgar05
Is there a way to still get the last updated rosters?
Check post 12 here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-rosters.html

I did a cursory google search and did a search in the OS roster section, and that's all I came up with...

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Check post 12 here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-rosters.html

I did a cursory google search and did a search in the OS roster section, and that's all I came up with...

Good luck!
Thanks man
Old 02-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #15
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

My collection. Working on PS1 versions. Madden 2005 best by far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (611.8 KB, 216 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Madden '05 is the best overall sports video game I have ever played to-date! NBA2k11 was a close rival but man '05 can't be rivaled! It was fun! I had no need nor desire to tweak sliders. I also played it for the PC and loved the graphics more then than now still! I loved the drills! I loved the commentary! All of it, check, check, check, more checks than a hockey rivalry!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »