Home

Keeping it challenging and interesting

This is a discussion on Keeping it challenging and interesting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Keeping it challenging and interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
If you doa offline draft yes.
Really. Never knew that. So you save after your first pick, turn off and when you return, it carries on with the next pick in the draft?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Really. Never knew that. So you save after your first pick, turn off and when you return, it carries on with the next pick in the draft?
Yes you can pick your pick. Save and just go ahead. Then when you miss the guy you want you can reload and try again and you also know then to what spot you have to trade up to to get him
Old 02-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Yes you can pick your pick. Save and just go ahead. Then when you miss the guy you want you can reload and try again and you also know then to what spot you have to trade up to to get him
I wouldn't use it for that (kinda cheating right?) but sometimes I don't have time to do the whole draft in one go as I like to see each pick taken for the first three to four rounds or so.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
I wouldn't use it for that (kinda cheating right?) but sometimes I don't have time to do the whole draft in one go as I like to see each pick taken for the first three to four rounds or so.
Yes i agree. Thats why i have it as a rule not to save during the draft and just let it go as it goes Takes the whole excitement away from get the guy you were aiming for.

Edit: also if you play online you can pause the draft and quit and then when you get back in it you can resume and get of from where you left

Last edited by SickDL; 02-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Yes i agree. Thats why i have it as a rule not to save during the draft and just let it go as it goes Takes the whole excitement away from get the guy you were aiming for.

Edit: also if you play online you can pause the draft and quit and then when you get back in it you can resume and get of from where you left
I was in the middle of a draft about a week ago and my GF suddenly said "I'm ready, we can go!" Normally, I have about two hours before she says that but I had to pull out of the draft in the middle of it!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here are my house rules for my new offline CCM that I am doing.

1. Scouting: You can scout AWR for players that are projected to go in rounds 1-3 only. For players that are projected to go in round 4 and beyond, you can scout anything but AWR. I imagine that in the NFL, day 2 prospects get less visibility and AWR which can really give some insight on potential, is a wildcard. This does not apply to storyline players, regardless of where they are projected to go.

2. Don't get the Expert Scout Package. This package doubles the Scouting XP earned each week and it is borderline excessive. Limit your ability to scout and you are on par with the CPU.

3. Since the CPU doesn't receive XP for practice then I don't practice.

4. If the CPU places players on the trading block, then trade only through that screen. That way you make the best offer possible because if you miss, the player gets traded to another team.

5. One marquee FA signing per offseason, salary cap space permitting. You can sign FAs at anytime but must select the lowest AWR that is out there. This places more emphasis on filling up a roster via the draft.

Since I have been doing it this way, I have had more draft busts than before. Rounds 1-3 is pretty predictable with the occassional drafting a player with slow development. Rounds 4-7 can be a real crap shoot since you don't know a player's AWR. That said, its quite natural to move up to the first three rounds so you can see AWR. But like I mentioned in #5 that any roster additions through FA (outside of the 1 allowable marquee player), you must get the lowest rated AWR guy out there. So there is a cost to doing so. After all that is said and done, my roster isn't stacked and there is an actually challenge to playing now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »