Home

Browns CCM!

This is a discussion on Browns CCM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Browns CCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfox93
Hey everyone, I'm about to start my Browns CCM. I'm playing on All-American custom sliders. I need some peoples opinion on rebuilding them.

1. Weeden is not my guy. Replacment? Draft? or Trade?
2. Do I want two 1st round picks? Because I have been offered a 1st rounder for Rubin. Can Phil Taylor hold down the fort without him?
3. T.J. Ward, at times he is awesome. Other times he is awful. What to do with him.

Keepers:
Joe Haden, Sheard, Richrdson, Josh Gordon.

Not so sure on:
MLB Jackson, Rubin, Ward, Little, Sheldon Brown.

Definitly gone or replaced:
Weeden, Watson, Cribbs.

I'm in 2016 with a CLE CCM...

1) Weeden is MY guy...proto pocket passer with a big arm, develops at a moderate pace...if you don't want a pocket passer, then it's your call...put him on the block and see if he gets any offers...

2) Rubin is a beast and makes EVERYONE around him better...esp. Taylor and Sheard...all 3 of those guys are in the low 90s OVR and are the core of a VERY solid D...I like to run a 43, because the AI is pretty shoddy at running a 34, so 2 big DTs are key...

3)TJ Ward's only "hole" in his game is man coverage...use his XP and hang on to him...once again, he hit low 90s for me pretty quick...

4) Jackson is a top MLB...I use him like an Urlacher in a Tampa 2 scheme and he played well until I had to let him go at the end of this deal (pre 2017) because I drafted and developed his replacement...

5) Little drops EVERYTHING in the game, just as IRL...I got a 2nd rounder for him from SEA, who cuts and resigns him...often...???

6) Brown is too slow and having a run support corner in this game is kind of useless in coverage...the drafts have PLENTY of solid corners available every year...Chris Houston came up in FA after 2012, and he's one of the 2-3 "expensive" guys I've signed over the years...I usually build through the draft and one year FA deals...

7) Watson is really solid, but retired early (32) for me...Cameron, however is like a Jimmy Graham...he always plays much better than his attributes would suggest...

My "key" was rebuilding the OL around Thomas and Mack...I have drafted and developed them into a 90 plus unit and it makes T Rich shine as well as Weeden...

On D, the "key" was developing that front 4 and some LBs...

VERY fun franchise to work with, IMHO...

Half the roster is in their rookie or first year...

At this point, my OVRs on both sides of the ball are 85 and it's pretty much a "home grown" roster...

Randall Cobb and Houston are the only FAs over 75 OVR that I signed in 6 years...

Lastly, been to the SB once and lost...made playoffs most years...

Anyway:

Have fun!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 23

Browns have a very good young roster...

Weeden isn't as bad as he played last Season... He threw for 3,300 yards in Pat Shurmer's horrific Offense... With a more vertical Offense he'll be fine for you.

Josh Gordon is a stud... Team could use another veteran WR

Cameron is solid at TE... Pretty quick and has decent hands

Defense is where most of the wholes are... Need some LB's bad... Need another CB and depending on your defense (4-3 or 3-4) your going to need either a Edge rusher to team up with Sheard or a run stuffing 3-4 DE... You can play Rubin and Taylor at the same time in a 3-4, just move one of them to DE.

psn - CeeGee
Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
Rookie

RVallee's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm considering taking over a Browns team in Season 3 of an Online CCM. Between the Browns and Packers, I'd like to have the Browns since I hate the Packers but I worry it's too late in the Madden season to rebuild.

Appears most of the original roster is intact. At 3-11 looks to be having a Top 5 pick.

Weeden scares me. CPU signed Kurt Warner but I'll cut him if he doesn't retire anyway. Just worried about Weeden or if I should grab another QB.

Greg Little is the highest rated WR, Gordon and Benjamin still there, plus 2 stud WR rookies except for >40 AWR.

DLine is the same, LB's the same + a solid rookie OLB, secondary also worries me. Haden still there, Sheldon Brown the #2 which I don't like, couple rookie with bad AWR also.

13 million in cap space this year, what also worries me is losing some of these guys to FA because of the way the CPU resigns and leaves everyone "Unavailable" when you join in the season late.

Browns.....or Packers?

http://www.twitch.tv/rva11ee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVallee
I'm considering taking over a Browns team in Season 3 of an Online CCM. Between the Browns and Packers, I'd like to have the Browns since I hate the Packers but I worry it's too late in the Madden season to rebuild.

Appears most of the original roster is intact. At 3-11 looks to be having a Top 5 pick.

Weeden scares me. CPU signed Kurt Warner but I'll cut him if he doesn't retire anyway. Just worried about Weeden or if I should grab another QB.

Greg Little is the highest rated WR, Gordon and Benjamin still there, plus 2 stud WR rookies except for >40 AWR.

DLine is the same, LB's the same + a solid rookie OLB, secondary also worries me. Haden still there, Sheldon Brown the #2 which I don't like, couple rookie with bad AWR also.

13 million in cap space this year, what also worries me is losing some of these guys to FA because of the way the CPU resigns and leaves everyone "Unavailable" when you join in the season late.

Browns.....or Packers?
if you hate the pack, go CLE. fun/challenging team to rebuild as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »