Home

Best madden that had the best player progression current gen?

This is a discussion on Best madden that had the best player progression current gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best madden that had the best player progression current gen?

as the title states which madden had the best overall player progression and why ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Best madden that had the best player progression current gen?

Anything besides Madden 13

its too time consuming, confusing, and just plain unrealistic.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I will vote for Madden NFL 13 as it allows for direct user control over how one wants his players to develop, allowing for team personalization and customization.

In previous Madden games, all players at a given position developed the same way. For example, there was no distinction between 3-4 outside linebackers or 4-3 Cover 2 outside linebackers; the player was an outside linebacker, so he always gained and lost ratings points in the same manner. Same with every other position in the game.

I think that the interface for achieving this end in Madden NFL 13 is way too clunky and needs to be refined, but high-level I enjoy it much more than anything we've seen in Madden previously.

To the point about it not being realistic, I'm of the opinion that fun and user customization trump realism.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Yea I like Madden 13 player progression. It's nice to be able to build your players the way you see best fit for how you run your team. One person may choose to make a more balanced and well rounded player, while another might focus on the strengths or a few particular skills.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

A greatly enhanced M12 progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I will vote for Madden NFL 13 as it allows for direct user control over how one wants his players to develop, allowing for team personalization and customization.
Just the reason I hate M13 progression. It gives the wrong kind of team personalization and customization.

Quote:
To the point about it not being realistic, I'm of the opinion that fun and user customization trump realism.
I'm of the opinion that realism is what's fun and provides for a better kind of customization.

This is were we differ, but I do understand your perspective and reasons for liking what you like. I just don't agree with it being fun (for me).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Just the reason I hate M13 progression. It gives the wrong kind of team personalization and customization.
I dont understand. How can you have the wrong kind of customization? Honestly I just don't get it
Old 03-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden 13 progression is too slow (especially for CPU players and certain positions and back-ups. It's unrealistic as there are no breakout players.

It would have Taken Colin Kaepernick 3-4 seasons to be as effective (realistically) as he was using CCM logic.

In addition, progressing and customizing players is a monotonous chore and the CPU cannot be trusted to do it logically.

I prefer Madden 12. We at least had player rating editing and control if we wanted to. That made ALL the difference. I hope 14 (25) is greatly improved. I can't play CCM anymore. Logic and progression is horrible.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseboyj
I dont understand. How can you have the wrong kind of customization? Honestly I just don't get it
The customization I want is what coaches I hire and what their strengths and weaknesses are as coaching (HC, DC, OC, position coaches), the training schedule I set up (OTA's training camp, preseason, season) and the type of players I draft and get through FA.

I don't want to pick specific attributes to bump up the amount I want to bump it up. I want the decisions I make to influence progression w/o me making specific assignments towards attributes. Sometime, no matter how much a coach works on a player over certain aspects of their game, they player still doesn't get any better (in real life).

I want realistic customization.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »