Home

Should Madden ditch Pre-scripted draft classes?

This is a discussion on Should Madden ditch Pre-scripted draft classes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
If we go back to random I would think we would lose storylines and lose all the draft speeches. I like how Madden is doing drafts now.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Should Madden ditch Pre-scripted draft classes?

One change I would make is randomization of the names and colleges of all non-storyline players, as to minimize the utility of draft class strategy guides. I don't think the storyline feature works without having some locked players to follow, however.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
Rookie

purduepete's Arena

OVR: 0

There should be an option to either have a randomized version of draft classes or just keep the scripted draft classes. It honestly wouldn't be that hard to program this into the game...
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Not only should they, but I think they will. I think they'll incorporate a draft class editor (maybe online?) and use the EA Locker feature to share it.

The 2K Share feature on NBA 2K is what keeps me playing association/franchise/dynasty/CCM. I know that I can keep playing with real players year after year.

If you build it they will come, EA....

I know that NFL Draft Classes are multiple times bigger than NBA Draft Classes, but I think if they added the ability to start with a template; use the 2012 Draft Class with a number of Elite QB prospects to begin with and edit as you go, or this years class with very few Elite QB prospects but great OL prospects, and edit as you go, it would streamline things. Plus having it online, like teambuilder, makes this easier. If they could incorporate the gameface feature it would be sick (sounds like something the PS4 & Xbox 720 would be capable of). Call it "DraftBuilder."

It could even save disc space on the game, seeing as that you won't have all these predetermined players and stories saved in the game.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 03-16-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
Not only should they, but I think they will. I think they'll incorporate a draft class editor (maybe online?) and use the EA Locker feature to share it.

The 2K Share feature on NBA 2K is what keeps me playing association/franchise/dynasty/CCM. I know that I can keep playing with real players year after year.

If you build it they will come, EA....

I know that NFL Draft Classes are multiple times bigger than NBA Draft Classes, but I think if they added the ability to start with a template; use the 2012 Draft Class with a number of Elite QB prospects to begin with and edit as you go, or this years class with very few Elite QB prospects but great OL prospects, and edit as you go, it would streamline things. Plus having it online, like teambuilder, makes this easier. If they could incorporate the gameface feature it would be sick (sounds like something the PS4 & Xbox 720 would be capable of). Call it "DraftBuilder."

It could even save disc space on the game, seeing as that you won't have all these predetermined players and stories saved in the game.
As much as this sounds cool, I wouldn't want to lose storylines. I'm loving the storylines!

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #22
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

They need to go. How hard is it to set a "cap" for an auto-generation program and then allow it to distribute the points, vital to that players position, to the player based on his cap? For instance, a 1st rounder would have a cap of anywhere from a 74 to 82 overall or something like that, then the computer distributes his ratings.

You could still do storylines in CCM as well. Since the ratings are distributed with the draft class being made all the computer has to do is look at what the player excels at then run a story around that skill in the story.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #23
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

i think the idea could be the community coming up with something that works the way we would like it to work. an excel sheet if you will or something like that. the talent is here but the effort may not be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »