Home

What ratings should I increase for my DBs?

This is a discussion on What ratings should I increase for my DBs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
What ratings should I increase for my DBs?

For my DBs (CBs, FSs, and SSs) I can't decide what exactly I should be increasing with them. At first I thought I should pile points into Man and Zone Coverage, but that didn't seem to do too much, and I've heard that Awareness means more. How much does press coverage really help?

When it comes to the Roles I do know to increase consistency, but Play Ball in Air or whatever I'm completely lost. I would think raising it would increase their ability to swat balls and not limit interceptions. However, when you're in a game, it's "good" when your player is aggressive and "bad" when he is playing the ball conservatively. So WTF? Did I just pay points to make my player worse?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OrangeSoda4life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What ratings should I increase for my DBs?

http://madden12.hubpages.com/hub/An-...adden-Football

Here are the definitions to the ratings, I would just skim that and see what you think is most important for your players. Also it depends on what you like to do personally,if you like to play man-man majority of the time then spend them there, if you play zone more often than man spend them there. I kinda feel like the whole play ball thing should be decided off of their awareness rating, if its 85 and up I think it would be ok to be more aggressive because all awareness is; is the ability of player to react and adjust.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Hit power and big hitter trait...nothing else matters in Madden 13 on defense... only reason people use the 49ers online.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSoda4life
http://madden12.hubpages.com/hub/An-...adden-Football

Here are the definitions to the ratings, I would just skim that and see what you think is most important for your players. Also it depends on what you like to do personally,if you like to play man-man majority of the time then spend them there, if you play zone more often than man spend them there. I kinda feel like the whole play ball thing should be decided off of their awareness rating, if its 85 and up I think it would be ok to be more aggressive because all awareness is; is the ability of player to react and adjust.
I guess that makes it a bit better. What is the purpose of the run and pass block ratings in the game this year? Are they still just mainly for simulation? How should I help out my offensive line? Increase their strength?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OrangeSoda4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I guess that makes it a bit better. What is the purpose of the run and pass block ratings in the game this year? Are they still just mainly for simulation? How should I help out my offensive line? Increase their strength?

Strength is there ability to hold the block I think. Meaning if you have a LT going against a Defensive End; and the tackle has a higher strength rating then the DE's Block shedding rating then the tackle should win.

Here's what the blocking ratings mean.

(RBK-STR) Run block strength - how well a player can succeed in locking up a defender while run blocking
(RBK-FT) Run block footwork - how well a player can succeed in pushing a defender while run blocking. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap.
(PBK-STR) Pass block strength - how well a player performs when the defender is performing power moves against him
(PBK-FT) Pass block footwork - how well a player performs when the defender is performing finesse moves against him. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSoda4life
Strength is there ability to hold the block I think. Meaning if you have a LT going against a Defensive End; and the tackle has a higher strength rating then the DE's Block shedding rating then the tackle should win.

Here's what the blocking ratings mean.

(RBK-STR) Run block strength - how well a player can succeed in locking up a defender while run blocking
(RBK-FT) Run block footwork - how well a player can succeed in pushing a defender while run blocking. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap.
(PBK-STR) Pass block strength - how well a player performs when the defender is performing power moves against him
(PBK-FT) Pass block footwork - how well a player performs when the defender is performing finesse moves against him. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap.
Those ratings are for Madden NFL 12 though, not 13. There is no longer any RBK-STR or RBK-FT, and the same for passing. There is just RB and PB.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OrangeSoda4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Those ratings are for Madden NFL 12 though, not 13. There is no longer any RBK-STR or RBK-FT, and the same for passing. There is just RB and PB.
All they really did was combine the two meaning footwork and strength. So in that situation the definition of the pass block rating would be how well a player blocks in a passing situation, and same for the run blocking rating. If you build up awareness, strength, and the blocking ratings you should be good to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »