Home

for those of you who didn't fall in line with M13

This is a discussion on for those of you who didn't fall in line with M13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If M14 doesn't bring back the features that were removed in M13, are you done?
Not buying M14 if they don't add back my favorite features. 31 41.89%
I buy every year, regardless of the additions or subtractions. 17 22.97%
I'll wait and see what the communities' review is. 26 35.14%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #25
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: for those of you who didn't fall in line with M13

I just hated the individual CCM mode. You needed like an mvp season just raise your throw power one point smh and you HAD to use the automatic starter option, if you weren't the starter, it's impossible to improve naturally....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsons.228
I don't mind the scripted draft classes too much but I really cannot stand how many rookies come in at high 80's in overalls. Especially if they are drafted in later rounds....I think if they toned down the freak athletes and lowered some of the rookie overalls in each draft class then it would be a fun experience. Sometimes it's too easy to build a monster team in 3 years or less.
Eh - just because a guy is drafted late doesn't mean he's bad - not that OVR means anything anyway.

You can build a monster team without caring about OVR, if only because the CPU doesn't really build teams very well and doesn't even scout as well as a good human player.

To me, the issue isn't smaller numbers or how the OVR needs to be arbitrarily manipulated, it's the need for better CPU team management and team building. The weirdness that is the FA season and who gets signed where (like RG3 going to the Panthers...who have a well-developed Newton...making RG3 sit on the bench) is half the issue. The draft kids are actually MORE balanced and rounded, imo, than the NFL stars. Some ofthem have real weaknesses, and I don't mean just 13 AWR, which is ridiculous.

As far as M13, I gave it a shot, picked it up used after 3 patches were out. At this point I feel like going back to 12 myself, or just moving on.

As far as M14 - I'm always in wait and see mode. I won't write it off now, but I won't be all 'buy, buy, buy' now either. Wait and see, let the information tell me what to do.

Last edited by KBLover; 03-30-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just freaking realized the main turnoff from the game this year is simply the menus loading time. It's terrible, especially for ccm and you're simming weeks. If it was snappy to load I probably could play for days.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

The ONLY reason why I'm playing Madden is because I'm in an online CCM with 31 other like minded individuals on how we play the game. If it weren't for the league, I would have stopped playing Madden a long time ago.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Eh - just because a guy is drafted late doesn't mean he's bad - not that OVR means anything anyway.

You can build a monster team without caring about OVR, if only because the CPU doesn't really build teams very well and doesn't even scout as well as a good human player.

To me, the issue isn't smaller numbers or how the OVR needs to be arbitrarily manipulated, it's the need for better CPU team management and team building. The weirdness that is the FA season and who gets signed where (like RG3 going to the Panthers...who have a well-developed Newton...making RG3 sit on the bench) is half the issue. The draft kids are actually MORE balanced and rounded, imo, than the NFL stars. Some ofthem have real weaknesses, and I don't mean just 13 AWR, which is ridiculous.

As far as M13, I gave it a shot, picked it up used after 3 patches were out. At this point I feel like going back to 12 myself, or just moving on.

As far as M14 - I'm always in wait and see mode. I won't write it off now, but I won't be all 'buy, buy, buy' now either. Wait and see, let the information tell me what to do.
I think I saw on the one of the Madden Developers twitter accounts that they would try to fix the well-roundness of the Draft players. I hope that is true. I also tried M13 but I traded it in pretty fast. I am also in the same boat with M14....it will have to take a lot of changes for me to come back to Madden. I have been playing Madden since '94 and the Sega Genesis.

I still wish for better drafts and doing Mini-Camps again to increase player attributes. I want to be immersed in CCM. I am not getting that so far...
Old 04-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #30
Just started!

I am new to posting on the forum but have read posts on here for years. The last couple of days of work have been slow so I'm going to take the time to vent about Madden 13:

So one of my favorite things to do when I have friends over (since we all love football) is to do an offline fantasy draft with a couple of the guys controlling 2/3/4 teams. This year the first night I got it my roommate and I tried to do what we would have done in old franchise mode and come to find connected careers. Now connected careers is by all means not the worst mode but I really can't do an offline draft with a couple buddies and play out the season? I have a couple of friends who have PS3 and me and a couple other buddise have Xbox...so now I can't play a season with drafted players. THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!! Ontop of that not being able to load the player class from NCAA, we've been able to do this forever and this is something the buyer expects! I have been playing madden for 15 years and this year was the most disappointing ever to me.

How are you going to remove these key things for offline players (that still play online also) and sell this to loyal customers!! Literally i've never been so mad opening a game..on top of this the simming is terrible, the WORST! I can't believe we're in 2013 and I can't even sim a couple of weeks anymore..like really?!?!

Overall the gameplay, minus the linebackers on trampolines, is pretty good and the new engine is improved. This stuff is important to me and it really drives me up a wall that these features just got thrown out?

So basically to sum up what I just said if you don't feel like reading:
EA you suck for taking out 32 user team control, editing players, offline fantasy draft and your simming really sucks c'mon we're in 2013!!

I shouldn't feel like I'm playing the jail verision of a game. Give me freedom!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »