Home

Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

This is a discussion on Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
2K5 is better at this very moment. Never Mind.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
And the BOMBSHELL has been dropped! If you want better effort from EA Sports and the Madden team, then stop buying this garbage when it's released every year! Of course not everybody is going to stop buying it but if we can reduce the sales by 10-15 percent and sales continues to drop every year they would take notice. If Madden 25 is trash then I will start online petition to don't buy this game.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
You got that right. A lot of wishful thinking going on. It takes capital to develop a full featured game today and I don't see anyone laying out millions with the hope of being able to publish an NFL product. And I also think if anyone is counting EA down and out is also mistaken.
What are you basing your assessment on? Who here is counting EA down and out? Have you even been paying attention to gaming news the past few years?

There is no wishful thinking going on here, just reality. EA ain't exactly the darling of Wall Street, they just happened to fork over enough dough for one of the biggest licenses available and did so without any other real alternatives available to them. It was a move they more or less had to make, but at the same time it hasn't bore any real fruit either.

Again, TTWO doesn't have to develop a full game; they don't have to commit themselves to a full fledged NFL game. They could relatively easily have the framework down for one though. Considering all that has transpired the past few years, wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was indeed the case. Companies do stuff like that all the time, have things in the works, prototypes, etc. It's not like one day they just decide to commit to something 100%, then spend the next 2-3 years plowing away only to find out it was a bad idea. That's not the way things work. Things are almost always going on, always in action, with a certain degree of flexibility too so that backsides are covered when the landscape changes.

Again, EA ain't going anywhere anytime soon, and NFL 2K14 ain't coming out next year; but it ain't all set it stone either. Two to three years from now it starts to get a little hazier, especially when you factor in where we are right now with EA stumbling just about every other step, and a new GTA getting ready to release at the end of a console cycle.

Giants mightier than EA have fallen, and underdogs smaller than TTWO have prevailed. Time will tell.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #20
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Atallah "I'm sorry to hear that. One thing to clarify though, my job and the job of the NFLPA, is to ensure that the players' interests are top priority. I know that might not be the most popular answer, but it's our mission."

Translation- our job is to make as much money as possible, so if the game EA creates sucks its not our problem, sorry for ya, EA has already cut the check.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 03-28-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 16
Well that was my conversation with George attallah on reddit...I have actually spoken on the phone with him also. I have given out the phone numbers to the nfl office and nflpa offices to help spread the word that not every fan wants madden to be our only choice in the football genre. I have done my part...every week I call to try to let them know that the fans won't stand for this and honestly , you speak of nfl wants to work closely with a company to protect their brand. Call me crazy but isn't EA up for the worst company for the second year in the wrong? I'm not sure if the nfl wants that negative press...just my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 16
I meant second year in a row...typing on my iPad. Lol
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
BOYCOTT MADDEN 25!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

Quote:
Here's to hoping Madden 25 is the best yet. It's our only option after all
No thanks. I've already seen EA fail 8 times on these consoles. I'm not bothering with it anymore. I'll continue to play better games of other sports and genres. I've gotten through the withdrawls and don't need football "fixes" anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »