Home

how badly do i hinder myself if i skip practice in coach ccm

This is a discussion on how badly do i hinder myself if i skip practice in coach ccm within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: how badly do i hinder myself if i skip practice in coach ccm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
We need a "on/off" toggle for multiplayer CCMs! People have different levels of time to spare, so a commissioner should have the option to lock out the practice operation in order to maintain a level playing field.
It doesnt take that long to practice lol.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
Rookie

I feel the same way as you op. Cant stand doing practice in offline CCM - but the downside is that your benchwarmers/prospects will not gain any XP, -at all- (unless they play 33% of snaps in a game AND complete weekly goals while doing those snaps).

For online franchise I consider it a must though.. Every single XP point is needed in improving my team ^^
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaberox
It doesnt take that long to practice lol.
No it really doesn't, but when you advance every 24 hrs so that you can get to multiple seasons it becomes a tedious and fricking annoying deal that you are forced to complete to keep pace.

Add in the fact that you can quit before triple zero on the clock and start over - well now you have the people with loads of time (stay at home dads) getting max benefit, while others have trouble just getting an hr to get their game in. Not to mention the practice set-up is awful.

And to top it all off the CPU is not getting the same benefit, so CPU teams continually fall behind - and they are not that challenging even on the highest difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Practice is boring but I do "easy win" every time because it gives 1500 player XP and 1800 coach XP. You can build up player's faster than not doing practice but I do agree, its extremely boring.
I do the same thing, it is boring but it is really important for defensive players and backups in my opinion.

1500 x 17 weeks = 25,500 XP points per player each season.

Last edited by Inferno2ss; 04-14-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
Rookie

yeah i hate leaving the points too but it seriously makes your season 50% longer and is boring as ****. Plus it doesnt even play the same as in the real games, at least in my opinion.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
- well now you have the people with loads of time (stay at home dads) getting max benefit, while others have trouble just getting an hr to get their game in.
Haha. I love you you called out stay-at-home dads.

Seriously, I have 2 kids and if I were a stay at home dad I wouldn't time to take a crap let alone play Madden! But maybe that's because I have daughters who demand attention and refuse to allow anything but tinkerbell on the TV.

All I have to say is have some sympathy for the stay at home dads, their wives probably beat them (most men fear their wives - i'm no different), their kids probably drive them mental, and they have to do all the domestic stuff. Let them have their Madden practice time for god's sake!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Haha. I love you you called out stay-at-home dads.

Seriously, I have 2 kids and if I were a stay at home dad I wouldn't time to take a crap let alone play Madden! But maybe that's because I have daughters who demand attention and refuse to allow anything but tinkerbell on the TV.

All I have to say is have some sympathy for the stay at home dads, their wives probably beat them (most men fear their wives - i'm no different), their kids probably drive them mental, and they have to do all the domestic stuff. Let them have their Madden practice time for god's sake!
I am speaking generally, but with one guy in my core Madden group in my mind. He has all the toys, his wife makes ridiculous money, and he has multiple TVs, so he has tons of time and he blasted past all of us (even the kid-less guys in terms of XP).

I just would like to see an option to either force it to be a "sim" situation where it is kind of a roll of the dice - or turn it off if the CPU teams are going to keep pace, get some kind of "sim" points for practice.

I would actually love to see either an "export team" feature that really functions or a more traditional practice (full team, no XP) within CCM so that you could actually put the "bubble" guys through the paces with no clock, no scenario and against "known" players (your actual veterans) and see who at the bottom you want to keep.

I think if the USER teams can benefit from anything in the CCM, then the CPU teams should be getting some "simmed" equivalent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2ss
I do the same thing, it is boring but it is really important for defensive players and backups in my opinion.

1500 x 17 weeks = 25,500 XP points per player each season.
Add in the 4 weeks from pre-season as well as the 3 (or 4) weeks from the playoffs and the total increases to 36,000 (or 37,500) XP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »