Home

Guarding TE's

This is a discussion on Guarding TE's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Guarding TE's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinCakeless
User the MLB and cover the TE, takes away their whole gameplan usually. Most I've run into playing competitive online now are running SF, using a Read option offence, and if you stop that they pass to Vernon Davis on seam routes. Commit most plays to the option to the QB, zone blitz, user the MLB to cover the TE, they usually get destroyed
I agree with you on this, but was wondering something. When usering the MLB to cover the TE and the TE makes a cut, it is almost like my mlb is stuck in mud and cannot catch up to TE when he changes directions. I am wondering it this a setting that I need turn off. Also, I will run to tackle a guy and it is like I have an invisible wall in front of me cause I will just run along side him, but wont let me tackle for like 10 yards. What the hell is this lol?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensparrow
I agree with you on this, but was wondering something. When usering the MLB to cover the TE and the TE makes a cut, it is almost like my mlb is stuck in mud and cannot catch up to TE when he changes directions. I am wondering it this a setting that I need turn off. Also, I will run to tackle a guy and it is like I have an invisible wall in front of me cause I will just run along side him, but wont let me tackle for like 10 yards. What the hell is this lol?
Also to add. This is with Woodyard as my MLB. He is around 88 spd. I have his zone and man at 85 so not sure what else to do.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
Just started!

The thing about this madden game is that there is really no "perfect way" to cover a TE unless you "manually" cover him. For me whats helped out the most is testing how the player plays his offense. If he usually targets his TE often(usually on 3rd which most players do) what i do is play my defense in the dime. An Average Defensive back has a man coverage of 80+ and a speed of 85+ so it will minimize the amount of yardage a TE will get. If all goes well youll even end up with a pick.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Just started!

Quote:
haha yeah this is happend to me a few times about the invisible wall i mean. If anything it might be a glitch but wouldnt count on it cause by now EA would of fixed it. what sucks about it is even when you click on the DB to tackle is that he wont even move to tackle and they end up gaining 5+ yards until you get safety help.

And about you MLB getting stuck in the mud. What usually happens is that TE have a high rating in speed and acceleration so most line backers will get burned not only cause of that but because mlb lack good ratings in man coverage. so even if you are in man cover and you have a fast linebacker most will get burned because of the low ratings in man cover. MLB usually get stuck in a play action. hope this helps
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #21
Rookie

Marc_Jones's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Turning off auto strife might help. It slows players down in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
Just started!

Put a corner on them and maybe put a purple route on the field to try to slow down the corner routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »