Home

Back to the Stone Age

This is a discussion on Back to the Stone Age within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Back to the Stone Age

I am in my early 40's and an avid sports fan/gamer. With the last couple of Madden iterations (specifically Madden 13) not appeasing my tastes coupled with the info that has trickled out about the next version I am going to say "no thank you" to EA and return to tabletop/PC football games.
This was a very easy decision for me as I just don't get into all of the on-line chaos (yes, I HAVE tried it) and that is just where the target marketing has gone. Madden 12' had me very excited for the future of the series and then EA donkey-punched me with the 'stripped down' Madden 13' effort. Although I somehow suspect that the features that they took out will in all likelihood be returned in the near future as 'NEW' features

While at first I was very excited for the potential of the on-line league/tournament, it became drudged with exploitations of the bugs that come with the games, a seemingly endless struggle with a healthy balance of offense/defense, and, even more depressing, an actual youtube video on how to add software that can force/trick an opponent into quitting a game which would give you the win. Yeah, that guy is a REAL winner and I can't wait to read about his future and which prison he ends up in for either scamming the public or embezzling money from a corporation. (Hopefully none of which I am affiliated with at the time!)

Who knows, maybe the next-gen consoles will revive the series for me but as of now, I am shutting it down. I will just revisit the games that have gathered dust over the years but at least I never plan on getting rid of those games. I can't say the same for the Madden series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Back to the Stone Age

I'm going to preemptively shut this thread down because based on a previous thread with this sort of vibe I don't see what good can come from what basically amounts to shouting for attention.

Impressions should be in the impressions thread; glitches should go in the glitches thread; non-Madden football video games and/or board games belong in the Football (Other) forum.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »