Home

Madden NFL 25 Run Free and Infinite Engine 2 Playbooks Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Run Free and Infinite Engine 2 Playbooks Available Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #57
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 25 Run Free and Infinite Engine 2 Playbooks Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
They probably should have done a trailer about everything that they added game play wise. It still would have been interesting to see the video at least demonstrate everything they talked about in the playbooks and articles.
Yeah, I honestly would have rather seen a minute and a half trailer of guards pulling and screens being ran to get a good look at the new blocking. You could have even thrown some of the run-free stuff in there too to compliment it.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 0

I imagine it's all part of the budget slashing and layoffs at EA, but I find it interesting that this year our "playbooks" are merely blogs and the trailer was so skimpy.

Compared to last year's video productions, it's quite a scaled back effort to market the game.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I imagine it's all part of the budget slashing and layoffs at EA, but I find it interesting that this year our "playbooks" are merely blogs and the trailer was so skimpy.

Compared to last year's video productions, it's quite a scaled back effort to market the game.
Fine by me - it grates a bit when there is a huge marketing budget for a game with no polish.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie

Agree, they know they have E3 coming up, too.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Holy **** am I really in the Madden forum

Why yes I been lurking and keeping hush about these new features and additions.

First I wanna say yes the language used in the write ups is flat out comical. Aside from that though I believe the end goal they are attempting to achieve is a positive one.

Being able to regain balance instead of a predetermine fall down? Sure I'll take that.

Being able to chain together and flow more fluidly from move to move with out being trapped in a animation? Sure I'll take that too.

A more refined IE 2.0? Hell they better improve the horribleness that was IE1

Improved Block? Haven't we wanted this for a while

Better pursuit angles? This been discussed for years needing to be improved.

So while I agree you can jump all over the marketing team for using these "gamey" terms to describe the new features (Street Fight chain moves!! REALY?!!!?!) but lets also be honest and assess the situation not just based on the wording but the design premise.

These changes & improvements are positive ones!

Now for the negatives

The movement from the looks of it will still remain largely the same "skating" feel which is damn near a game killer for me. The game has to bring the weight and feel of players, if I don't feel connected to the field it is a complete immersion killer each and every single snap of the ball.

Next, defensive psychic-ness. This was a huge one for me. I played NCAA 13 from launch till about 2 months ago. Longest I've played a EA football game, but guess what NCAA did not have defensive mind reading as bad as Madden 13 had it. It was to the point that I traded madden in quickly and literally only played maybe 30 games. Every time I'd see a DB turn around and make a beeline for the ball with his back to the QB it infuriated me. There is no mention of there being a improvement on this front. I sure hope this has been addressed but by the sounds of it the defense will get only more psychic. Because if I know EA these new changes such as "heat seeking tackles", "better defensive pursuit angles", etc will instead turn into the defense reacting in a unnatural way.

So while I agree with the negative feedback many are giving because evidently they don't listen to what the customers want, but lets not jump down the "gameplay" developers just yet until we see how these changes act on the field rather than just reading the horrible choice of words the marketing team decided to use.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #62
Rookie

who needs run free when you can just run in zig zags LOL
Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #63
Rookie

Ppl come here to bitch about new madden features and bash the game when honestly the only real problem with the game is the lack of football iq ppl play with. Everybody I play runs man 2 deep or 3 man rush drop everyone. When I'm up 30 and they don't adjust then they come on here and bash madden. Lol get a life guys.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #64
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos
Ppl come here to bitch about new madden features and bash the game when honestly the only real problem with the game is the lack of football iq ppl play with. Everybody I play runs man 2 deep or 3 man rush drop everyone. When I'm up 30 and they don't adjust then they come on here and bash madden. Lol get a life guys.
It's Friday, I'll play. So the only problem is lack of football IQ from bitchers and bashers, not the lack of foot planting, lack of players getting tired during plays, broken pursuit angles, poor run blocking, lack of defensive breakdown and poor player AI in Madden, just to name a few that EA Tiburon admits are problems in M13 that they now have tried to address in M25?

Get a clue other guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »