Home

Madden- This is what Collision Physics Need to Look Like

This is a discussion on Madden- This is what Collision Physics Need to Look Like within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden- This is what Collision Physics Need to Look Like

Just saw this trailer this morning for EA's own NHL franchise. This is the kind of physics engine we need in Madden!!

It just baffles me how a smaller studio like NHL can incorporate an awesome physics engine, as well as a brand new skating engine with over 1000 new animations (Incorporating momentum, acceleration, de-celeration, etc) in two years. Yet the Madden team is far behind, cant they share the technology with the NHL and FIFA team? FIFAs josteling system would be PERFECT for WR/DB interactions.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/L6tggtJBe7c
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden- This is what Collision Physics Need to Look Like

i think they share tech..but it has to be converted to work for each sport. FIFA by far is the most advanced EA Sports game. Madden and NCAA team is last to implement this tech..hopefully they can intergrate more instead of piecemeal installations
Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Just saw this trailer this morning for EA's own NHL franchise. This is the kind of physics engine we need in Madden!!

It just baffles me how a smaller studio like NHL can incorporate an awesome physics engine, as well as a brand new skating engine with over 1000 new animations (Incorporating momentum, acceleration, de-celeration, etc) in two years. Yet the Madden team is far behind, cant they share the technology with the NHL and FIFA team? FIFAs josteling system would be PERFECT for WR/DB interactions.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/L6tggtJBe7c
That's likely something we will see with physics in M25 either on these consoles or new ones. I think Tiburon does share the tech, they just get it later. The FIFA jostling I couldn't agree more more with, it seems ideal for WR/DB interaction and again is likely something we will see later on the new consoles or next year.

I wonder how much of the slow piecemeal progression of EA football has to do with the NFL exclusive and intentionally only making incremental improvements. I don't like to mention it because I don't want to jinx it but IF the NFL exclusive goes the way of the dodo, I wonder how much more complete EA football games would be, due to less oversight.

The things like the physics in NHL and jostling in FIFA are very clear, so I would bet EA football devs have known about the cross game potential long before we ever saw footage. Hopefully the developmental capabilities of the new consoles and a potential end to the NFL exclusive, put an end to the piecemeal approach to making EA football games. At least let the NFL exclusive end so I can stop caring what EA does with their football games again, lol.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i remember seeing a tweet where the dev said they had to go see a reveal for FIFA. So i'm sure things are in the works but it may take a minute. the tech in that nhl looked cool but thats only for 12 guys on ice vs 22 on a field. so in the end we'll get there but imo no time soon. its sucks but thats the reality we are in right now
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

The players look like their ice skating.. Oh wait.

But for real. That looks great. I really think the engine is holding them back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
The players look like their ice skating.. Oh wait.

But for real. That looks great. I really think the engine is holding them back.
Exactly and as I stated in another post and TSS also stated, the devs are doing what they can with this current engine. I think they will be overhauling player movement, ol/dl, wr/db, no more hunch back running, etc when next gen comes out.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This game looks good. I'm not a hockey expert but the game definitely looks authentic. I've been to the forums though and guys have gripes just like us so who knows. Funny how this game comes out after Madden and I've seen more footage of this than Madden. Hope we get a glimpse of next gen Madden at E3.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

you have to keep in mind the type of sport when comparing. Hockey and Fifa are similar where as unless you have the ball/puck you are rarely going to see many other collisions. With football you can have up to 11 possible collisions at any one time involving possibly 2 or more humans. That type of collision engine would have to be massive and I believe we've reached the bandwidth on current gen systems of the possibilities. Hopefully next gen will change that...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »