Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
LMFAO! hilarious. of course...who's gonna pause their game and turn it off because of this.
I certainly would!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
To the dude that mentioned next gen I can sympathize with you there! I bought my ps3 when it first came out and was disappointed year after year with almost all my sports games. Madden and nba live mostly and I had to stop purchasing them but NCAA football started making games good games that just functioned correctly! Then ncaa just started feeling repetative and i stopped purchasing those too. Madden never really caught on for some reason like live.

I kinda feel we won't go through that this this time around. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I feel like the console creators and the game makers had to learn from the last generation transition and are going to do a way better job with bridging the gap.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #59
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Bingo. I'm still gonna have my eyes open and see what they come up with, but honestly I don't think Tiburon has the capability. I mean they supposedly captured all of the animations this year for these jukes, and they just look awful. Screen shots of the cuts and jukes look like they would be awesome, but you see footage and they are some of the goofiest animations I've ever seen, and they're cool with that. I mean unless the animation engine or whatever is causing the animations to look so bad, they captured these thinking they looked good. I just don't think these guys have what it takes. I love football so much that I hope with every ounce of me that I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it. I mean they worked on the passing game last year, and glitched the sig throws so guys are throwing the ball like it's a baseball. I mean qb's really getting their back foot off of the field on the follow through. It just looks awful, and this is what they focused on. I mean I don't see how some of this stuff doesn't bother them.

Hate to bring up APF, but I was playing it last night, and the animations are really smooth, but as far as transitions and foot planting, there's still a bit of sliding. The difference I noticed is that the animations look like football player moves. They look like athletes. In Madden they look like goof balls. I noticed one video the back doing a cut and he has his head looking toward the sideline instead of downfield. It's like they tell these guys to do moves and they just do them without thinking, hey this is supposed to be like I'm actually in a football game. Unless the head tracking is separate, which is something they still should've fixed. IDK man, this thing can go either way, but I dont think it's gonna turn out well for guys like me. I just don't know anymore....
exactly how I feel ..the core of this games movements are fundamentally so off. The basic football movements are just non-existent. Running, throwing, wrap tackling, vision awareness, etc etc is broken. Also the speed of it all together(no matter what speed you play the game on) just doesn't seem to be "in sync". Maybe their technology is just not suited to make an outstanding football simulation. I ask how this could be when the same company makes FIFA and NHL games that clearly use a more advanced engine/technology. Obviously there's no "show and tell" day at EA. Or maybe there is and the Madden dev team wasn't invited. I just don't get it. Its just killing me that the number 1 sport I wanna play a video game of is soooo far behind all the other sports games that exist.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #60
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
LMFAO! hilarious. of course...who's gonna pause their game and turn it off because of this.
Yep you can take the best game and go to replay...slow down etc.. and find stuff that looks wacky.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #61
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

What I would like to know is will the AI finally run as aggressively as they do in that video?

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #62
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

Lol you guys crack me up. It's a trailer. You know when you have a highlight tape of someone? They obviously won't show the offensive players getting creamed by the defense if it is a "run free" trailer. For a trailer, I thought this was good though. The Pros are at :24, Oh my goodness, his ankles are on the ground. The cons are the weird running form and that ridiculous truck they keep showing. Also Doug Martin made that linebacker look like a kid with that stiff arm. Overall, it still looked pretty fun. I'm guessing live game play would be much better so we can actually see a challenge from the defense because then again, who in the world makes defensive trailers?

Last edited by carvis#15; 05-02-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #63
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

yeah personally I'm not trippin about the broken tackles and trucking, I understand it's a highlight video and that's what they're promoting. The new NHL trailer showed a whole bunch of hits knocking guys all over the ice and I'm sure that won't be happening every second. I try not to dissect the gameplay with these type of trailers. E3 will be a clearer indication.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #64
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
DeMarco Murray broke his own ankle, lol. Serious juking going on there.

LMBO..."aye do the stanky leg"!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »