Home

EA Pushes Back Connected Franchise Playbook to May 20th

This is a discussion on EA Pushes Back Connected Franchise Playbook to May 20th within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #57
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: EA Pushes Back Connected Franchise Playbook to May 20th

While I was looking forward to the reaveal today and all. It ain't nothing big. I whether have all the info at once any way. I would hate to get one part and have to wait 2 more weeks for the second part. I like the idea of pushing it back to do both at once.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #58
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. Wow some of you people are entitled. The GTA example is a horrible example. Rockstar rarely announces dates when they are going to drop information...they just release it when they want to. Probably to avoid situations like this thread where people are complaining that they have to wait a few weeks for info.
It's worse for Grand Theft Auto...I think if Rock* had delayed their video's last week, the internets would have blown up!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #59
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

I see two immediate possibilities; bunching the news all at once can either A) lead to a grand praise for an amazingly new CFM, fulfilling many peoples hopes and dreams, or B) Could cause an amazingly large let down from those hoping for more and receiving less....

At least with the break up of the 6th and 20th, if there was bad news to many gamers, it would be in smaller doses....

Lets hope the news coming all at once brings much more happy than disappointment....
Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
In general terms a push back on a reveal is no big deal but in terms of this game, this gen and this studio, it's yet another disappointment in a long line of them. If I found CCM in M13 to be solid, then yeah, no biggie waiting to see how much better it got for M25 but people like myself were interested in this news to get the bad taste out our mouth from CCM last year. CCM and next-gen Madden in general, are not something I think most people can't wait to upgrade because the previous edition was so great, they just can't wait to see what the new edition hopefully fixed or completed. smh

That said, I'm not going to rant and rave about it too much because at this point disappointment around EA football games is the norm this gen but I understand anyone that chooses to.
I HATED CCM last year so the info they release will be key to me purchasing the game this year. So I have as much interest as anyone regarding what they have done to CCM and whether those changes will make me buy the game. With that said, comparing the push back of a video and a blog to the multitude of issues Madden has had over the last few years is silly.

There is ZERO justification for flipping out over this even if you have been dissapointed with the game in the past. Its just a blog and its a blog that will be released in two weeks. This is just another case of the "I WANT IT NOW" culture we live in. I could understand if EA cancelled the blog entirely or decided not to release the blog until after release but two weeks.....come on.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #61
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Fixed that for you.
hahaha , that is funny and true big FN deal. i understand to alot of people in todays world the word principle means nothing to many anymore. However to some , the word still means alot. This is about the principle of this that is the issue. True its not the end of the world. I didnt see anyone say it was. People have a right to be upset when anything gets canceled at the last minute.Most people dont care for not having an advanced notice. The fact of the company its coming from ( and the extreme tiredness many people have had with them due to their lack of actions over the last 9 years is why this type of thing gets this type of reaction) . So try to understand the root problem alittle more . For if they produced a great game normally , people wouldnt have thought much about this. In a post above someone mentioned how GTA (Rockstar) didnt release info until they want to , and dont give advance notice just so this type of reaction dont happen. However there is a HUGE dif in GTA series and madden. GTA series , when it is released , is ALWAYS an awesome game. It does not dissapoint so many every single time its released. So really there is no real compairison there. Rockstar games rock , and dont let down, EA on the other hand.... well. let the vote speak for itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #62
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Ulitmately, it isn't a big deal but it seems pretty unprofessional to announce this schedule then wait until the very last minute to postpone it for no reason other than PR. If they wanted it all on the same day, why did they separate it in the first place?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Fixed that for you.

Over everything people can stand on the soapbox about in regards to madden. People want to use stand on the soapbox about having to wait 2 weeks for CF info...........

I hope you guys understand how foolish that looks.

They didnt tell you at the last min that there wouldnt be a madden demo. They said that they now realized that it was stupid split up the info for CF.

I wonder what the tune would be if they instead decided that they would release all of the info 2day?......Since we both know what that tune would be that is why this "outrage" is stupid.

I personally find it hilarious that they did this. That they didnt see that it was incredibly stupid to split the dates up to begin with. When I first saw they backed out I LOLed in real life
Old 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

My frustration is not with them pushing back this announcement. I was really not looking forward to this as much, because I was dissapointed with the gameplay improvements. The frustration is with exactly what Big F'n has mentioned. The constant let down year after year that EA Tiburon has given its most loyal fans.

Rockstar is not a good comparison at all. Everyone knows that Rockstar is going to deliver an absolutely phenomenal experience with GTA 5. The excitement comes from seeing just how phenomenal that experience will be. With EA, most people are just hoping they can get back to an enjoyable game experience. One that EA has not delivered in over 8 years. (Obviously some enjoy Madden in its current state, but its pretty obvious from forums and user commments everywhere that a majority are not)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »