Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #57
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah i think suits influence features, and the way game design works, sometimes those additional features they wanted added can screw up all kinds of things when programming. So I get that. I just think the way things are designed at Tiburon is also a big influence. I think the suits are on their butts, and they know they have to get things done, so they get them done as quickly and as easily as they can. I don't doubt that they work hard, I just think things are designed as quickly and as easily as possible and realism is sacrificed because of that.

Now that they have had time to build, and have more powerful hardware to build it on it's up to this "new" team to do it. Honestly Tiburon doesn't get asked the tough questions imo, so they rarely have to explain themselves, so I doubt we'll ever really know what went on this gen. Good riddens to it though. It was awful. Hopefully the next one won't be anything like it.
If I had another sig to bet, I would wager on this being the case, lol. Every Madden this gen has seemed rushed and incomplete, only to have them "start over" every few years. I never really cared much for Madden after that other game game out on Dreamcast but at least those Maddens of the past seemed finished.

My optimism in Madden on the new consoles is mainly rooted in my belief that the "thing that shall not be named until March" will expire and by proxy, all the attention by marketing, number crunchers, etc, garnered from such a huge investment in exclusivity of EA football, will be directed elsewhere. (cough..Star Wars..couch)
Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #58
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
If I had another sig to bet, I would wager on this being the case, lol. Every Madden this gen has seemed rushed and incomplete, only to have them "start over" every few years. I never really cared much for Madden after that other game game out on Dreamcast but at least those Maddens of the past seemed finished.

My optimism in Madden on the new consoles is mainly rooted in my belief that the "thing that shall not be named until March" will expire and by proxy, all the attention by marketing, number crunchers, etc, garnered from such a huge investment in exclusivity of EA football, will be directed elsewhere. (cough..Star Wars..couch)
Wait so you're saying you're excited for next gen Madden because of Star Wars? I would be excited for next gen Madden because for the first time since Madden 06 on Xbox/PS2, we will have a different engine powering Madden.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #59
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Wait so you're saying you're excited for next gen Madden because of Star Wars? I would be excited for next gen Madden because for the first time since Madden 06 on Xbox/PS2, we will have a different engine powering Madden.
Lol. I think what he meant is that if after the exclusive license of NFL gaming with EA expires without renewal (hopefully ) that he will then focus on his distaste at EA having exclusive rights to make Star Wars games.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #60
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Well he's saying he's excited because EA might not re-up that exclusive license since they have now acquired star wars. Their NFL money maker may not be depended on as much. So that way even if Madden still sucks, we might get an option. Hopefully Madden is awesome, and we get options. That would be the dream.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #61
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Well he's saying he's excited because EA might not re-up that exclusive license since they have now acquired star wars. Their NFL money maker may not be depended on as much. So that way even if Madden still sucks, we might get an option. Hopefully Madden is awesome, and we get options. That would be the dream.
Yeah that would be the best for everyone that Madden would be awesome and we get options. Next gen Madden vs 2k? Let's go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #62
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the star wars thing don't hold water with me, because over anything EA and NFL are businesses. As cult classic is star wars, but it only goes mainstream when talking about a new movie coming out.

Madden and NFL has been attached to the hip for many years. Ea has made money off the exposure from the NFL and same for NFL from EA. There are so many press conference, meet and greets and events that NFL and EA have partner on losing the exclusivity will hurt them. For the NFL the exclusivity means they have control over what is and isn't right for the NFL's overall model. Its all about "protecting the image of the shield". EA has done a good job of that.

I think we all can say we are nuts about Madden, always wanting more and better and that's great. Unfortunately there are many who don't know there are roster updates, play online let alone the difference between sim and casual players. Maybe on OS it looks like a great idea, but Madden in the mainstream, many don't know that EA has an exclusive deal nor do they care aslong as madden comes out in August.

I believe that the Radio show, was great but is limited to a smaller audience because many don't know such things are happening. I'm sure other games have gdc'ers but they are not well known to those compared to madden.

Overall hoping and wishing exclusivity is gone may be business suicide in EA and NFL eyes. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see another deal done. NFL was going into a strike when last deal was struck..not knowing what would happen with season or league is why i'm sure a long term deal wasn't struck.

In the end don't be surprised if they re-up
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #63
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

To be clear, I believed the exclusive would end in March 2014 even before the Star Wars exclusive, even have a whole thread speculating about it, that Pasta Padre later plagiarized, imo, lol. My point was that with no exclusive investment cost for EA football games, all those other hands in the cookie jar, outside of actual football minded personnel working on the game, would be redirected where ever the most money would now be spent. Which is likely the Star Wars exclusive now but I couldn't care less outside of that. I am a Star Wars fan but I don't play Star Wars games much so EA marketing, "suits", devs, designers, focus groups, Game Changers, etc, can do whatever the eff they want with those games, for all I care.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #64
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I would be excited for next gen Madden because for the first time since Madden 06 on Xbox/PS2, we will have a different engine powering Madden.
Really? tell me,how did that work out. Look at the mess Madden has been this gen.
I understand being optimistic,but there's also a counter,it's called realistic.

It's going to take a WHOLE lot more than flashy graphics,and cgi trailers to even get me remotely excited for next gen Madden.

Quote:
Yeah that would be the best for everyone that Madden would be awesome and we get options. Next gen Madden vs 2k? Let's go
Be careful what you wish for.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »