Home

Can low rated QBs progress to become great

This is a discussion on Can low rated QBs progress to become great within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #17
Rookie

Hobbes217's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Can low rated QBs progress to become great

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Exactly. This is the key to progression in Madden 13 and what sucks is the CPU can't/won't do it so by the end of 3-4 seasons the user has a team of studs and the rest of the league is the same as they were out of the box.
This is pretty much always the case for me. I end up with my backups being on equal grounds as other team's starters. So I end up having to release or trade my starters in the 90s to accommodate.

But yes it's very possible to take a 60s QB to 90s. It's best if you're extremely dedicated to it. Or if you just want to draft low ball players and make them elite backups, then you sub them in all your games once you have control of the game.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
I hope they fix the progression in Madden 25 other wise another yr of disappointment
Old 05-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
If you wanna use him I would just plug him as the starter especially if you play the games. All players earn extra xp as rookies. He won't gain much at all if he's on the bench. But check his progression trait. If its slow bump it up to normal. But not any higher. Then it would be a waste since there is more important things to upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the tips.

I've got him sitting behind Flacco and Taylor on the Ravens. For me it's more of a role play where I hope to turn this 20 year old into a servicable backup and potentially an interim QB if Flacco gets injured, leaves or retires. I don't believe this guy will turn into the next superstar but I'll see how he goes. Being only 20 I can see that 5 years of training points (1 play the 1800 one each week, getting 1500 per player) would equate to a minimum of 150K points, which is quite alot.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #20
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
This is why I can't even think about spending a cent on this game. A QB in the low 60s should never never be able to do that.

I mean that is just pathetic.
Keep in mind that I only played '13 for two seasons, but part of his ascent was because of my offense and Harrell is accurate on shorter passes, so it was a good marriage.

I don't think it's "pathetic" that he rose so high, so fast. There are a lot of NFL QB's that are playing in systems that don't suit them - if they were in a system that fit them, their numbers would improve, so would their confidence and ultimately - they would become an "elite" player.

Just look at Joe Montana and Kurt Warner for perfect examples of what I'm talking about...

Old 05-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
My Ricky Stanzi led Chiefs are entering the playoffs in one of my online CCM leagues. Does he play better than hit attributes or what?

Stanzinator.
I guess it depends on the user xD But Stanzi has been a stud even in the first season as a starter for me -- EA needs to make it so there is a bigger difference between 75 TAC and 90 TAC, because to me it seems very similar (in three seasons his accuracy has been at about 75-79% every season, with drops and INTs accounting mostly for the remaining percentages). Feels weird to see one of the most importants positions in the game be relegated in value by so much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Just look at Joe Montana and Kurt Warner for perfect examples of what I'm talking about...
Looking at Joe Montana and Kurt Warner, neither were bad QB's (in madden, low rated) both always had the ability and just needed the chance to play. It's not like they went from crappy to elite. The first chance Warner got to start, he took a team to the SB. These guys always had high ability (in madden high ratings). In Warner's case, team scouts, coaching staffs, just didn't realize how much talent Warner had.

I seriously don't think Montana and Warner are good examples of the point you are trying to make cause really, both would have been highly rated that ended up playing elite. Neither would have started as low rated if Madden ratings reflected real life ability.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #23
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Looking at Joe Montana and Kurt Warner, neither were bad QB's (in madden, low rated) both always had the ability and just needed the chance to play. It's not like they went from crappy to elite. The first chance Warner got to start, he took a team to the SB. These guys always had high ability (in madden high ratings). In Warner's case, team scouts, coaching staffs, just didn't realize how much talent Warner had.

I seriously don't think Montana and Warner are good examples of the point you are trying to make cause really, both would have been highly rated that ended up playing elite. Neither would have started as low rated if Madden ratings reflected real life ability.
You entirely missed my point - or perhaps I wasn't clear enough. What I meant was that each QB played in a system that suited them perfectly - Montana/West Coast Offense - Warner/Air Coryell.

Look at Warner his one year in NY... sure, he was brought in to prep Eli, but his play was nothing near what it was like in St. Louis or Arizona. That was my point - put a QB in a system that suits him and he will flourish.

Obviously each was talented - but put Montana in a down-the-field offense like the at-the-time Chargers {Fouts} or Raiders and Montana would not have been as successful. Just saying that when you put a guy in the perfect system for his style, you'll see much better results.

EDIT: And to further illustrate my point, consider that Montana was drafted in the 3rd round and Warner went un-drafted. I seriously think scouts only look for a specific type of QB and when they see a guy who doesn't fit that mold, they pass on him. Bill Walsh saw Montana and he saw gold!!! But if not for Walsh, Montana may not have ever even been given a chance, despite pulling off many miracle comeback wins for Notre Dame.

Last edited by Dr Death; 05-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I've just picked up a 6'4' 20 year old UDFA QB who has 96 THP and over 90 in all the accuracies. He's rated 64 because his awareness is only 20.
Wow, what is the player's name? Want to keep an eye out for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »