Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2003, 07:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

Commenting on the way you should see the player’s ratings. I really like that Idea. I think seeing Bench Reps, 40 time vision test, IQ, and a number of other options could be better than using a rating system. It just ads a better dimension to the game. Like you said more thought into decisions. That would be really awesome as far as I am concerned. That would be really cool I was imaging taking a little time off of your 40 after training camp. That would be cool. For example if your player runs in the gold department you should be able to change your speed from like a 4.78 to like 4.72 or something like that. It’s better than just taking a 73 and changing it to 75 or 76. Where is the fun in that? Over years of practice and other workouts in the off-seasons, you can make players faster and stronger. I really like the Idea and I’m taking that to the bank.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:13 PM   #18
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

A shoulder charge button.
Also more varity of points when using playmaker control. Say an arm behind the back point like when basketball players do a behind the back pass.
Or bring the arm around the back of your leg and point between your legs.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:28 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

I love the idea of not having player ratings, that would add so much realism to the game, not to mention a totally different dimension to owner mode and training camp.

On that note i have been thinking alot of a way we could make this option playable in all modes, such as how would we edit player attributes if we felt a player was overated and what not.

So this is what i have came up with, they should not take out the player rating system, just the overall rating. Leave all of the ratings so we can view them, edit them, and campare them, just take out the overall rating completely, or at least keep it hidden so its not viewable to users. We also need to add several more ratings such as emotion, consitancy, clutch, big play, etc. We also need position specific ratings like route running, QB downfield accuracy and timing, or a pass rush and run stop rating.

Well thats my opinion on how to make ratings more realistic and playable at the same time.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:20 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Ratings: This is pretty radical, so bear with me. Let me ask a question, in the real NFL, what rating is Terrell Owens? How about Kelly Holcomb? Or Zack Thomas? You can't really put a rating on them, because it's all subjective. That's what I want to see, a more subjective rating system. I don't want to see that Mike Vick is a '98' or Brian Westbrook is a '68'. For starters, it's not realistic, secondly, it makes personnel decisions too easy. I say keep the ratings behind the scenes and don't allow the user to see them. That's where the scouts come in. instead of the traditional number rating, you have a detailed report on the guy based on the scouts observasions similar to the rookie reports. This makes the preseason and training camp relevant to determine who performs and who doesn't. It makes you be aware of what your players are doing. Do you think Mike Martz started Marc Bulger because he knew that Bulger had an 88 rating while Warner was only 84? Of course not. It would also make personnel decisions more rewarding.

I've thought about this before aswell. I think it would be a great addition but I don't know how the casual player may react.

Also, maybe there could be a chemistry rating that would work with two players. For example, the longer a certain QB and WR play with each other, the better their chemistry is. This could allow for better route running and timing.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:06 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

homeycool said:
I love the idea of not having player ratings, that would add so much realism to the game, not to mention a totally different dimension to owner mode and training camp.

On that note i have been thinking alot of a way we could make this option playable in all modes, such as how would we edit player attributes if we felt a player was overated and what not.

So this is what i have came up with, they should not take out the player rating system, just the overall rating. Leave all of the ratings so we can view them, edit them, and campare them, just take out the overall rating completely, or at least keep it hidden so its not viewable to users. We also need to add several more ratings such as emotion, consitancy, clutch, big play, etc. We also need position specific ratings like route running, QB downfield accuracy and timing, or a pass rush and run stop rating.

Well thats my opinion on how to make ratings more realistic and playable at the same time.

I would imagine you would have to have an option to turn on the ratings if you want to view or edit them. My point is, I think NOT seeing them should be an option, also. You could use some sort of standard 'code-words' for the players. For example 'Legendary' could be what is currently the 96-99 range for a rating, 'Pro' could be something like he 80-85 range, etc... A report could say something like that a guy has legendary speed and tackles like a pro. You could even use this to get more variety out of create a player or player edit. You set 'ranges' and the CPU randomizes the actual setting. I Think this could be fun in it's own way. Where I think it could get really interesting is with the use of scouts. You could hire pro and rookie scouts. Scouts would be rated on things like how they rate offensive players, or specific positions, or potential, or work ethic, etc... depending on their skill in evaluation, if they had low skill in evaluating defensive players, for example, they could over or under-value a guy and say a rookie CB has 'legendary' speed and 'bad' coverage ability when in reality he may have average speed and coverage ability. You see where I'm going with this? The work ethic skill could apply to the detail of a report from a scout. I guy with high evaluation skills but poor work ethic may be dead on accurate on rating a player but would only give you 4 things on a guys report while a guy with a higher work ethic may give you 12 things. I think the possibilities are endless. You could maybe view a media draft report as a guide. The media report may come from a generic set of average scouts that could give you like a second opinion so if you have a guy #1 on your board but the media guide may say the same guy is #100. The disparity may convince you to not blow that first pick on that player. To me, there is so much detail that could be added that would be more than just fluff, it would add to the fun of the game. Imagine the first time you put that 4th round pick you discovered on the practice field and he runs right past everyone, putting a big smile on your face. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2003, 04:32 PM   #22
Rookie

bgapfire's Arena

OVR: 2

1. Better weather graphics. Madden initiated great field deterioration, but it is time to up the ante and make it even better. It would be great to include footprints in the snow and rain ala Fever. There is no better joy than watchint the field deteriorate as you play the game. This leads to No. 2...

2. Bump the textures of the uniforms up a notch. EA has the resources to do it. Please incorporate into the game. Progressively dirty uniforms are done great in this game. Every player does not have the same stain in the same area ala ESPN.

3. Better sound effects on the menus. This may be small to most, but it is annoying to me.

4. Improve the lighting of the game.

5. There has to be a way to distinguish one QB from another. Every QB seems to perform the same.

6. More animations. NBA Live has a plethora of animations for its game. There is no reason a RB or any player should 'ping pong' off another as you are running with the rock.

7. Leaping option for goal line usage.

8. Improve the goal line defenses.

9. More options on challenges.

10. Make the field and the players a tad bit bigger.

11. There has to be a way to allow players to see the entire field w/o investing in a wide screen tv.

12. An option to actually make WR's jump when running go routes. 99% of the time they will raise their hands to catch the ball instead of jumping.

13. Better fade patterns (which will allow receivers to jump for the ball).

14. Playmaker is used with the right analog stick. I would prefer this stick to control jukes, shoulder charges, spins and any other move we would use on the field after the catch or while running. The shoulder buttons could be used to control your blockers.

15. Better rush from the Right Defensive End slot. This guy is almost useless in this game on the pass rush.

With all that said, this is still the best Madden game of all time. If you are going to continually improve the game, look no further than the posts from consumers who play the game on a daily basis.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:22 AM   #23
Rookie

Dr_Doom_98's Arena

OVR: 2

Here is my wish list for 05:

1. Draft: When a player is drafted from college, let me see the awards he won while playing from NCAA ie heisman, best rb, best db, groza, bednarik etc,etc.

2. Gameplay: Drive blocking in running game to open running lanes on run plays and draws. Smarter OL play all around but drive blocking mainly with improves physics.ala ESPN.

3. Gameplay 2: Every blitz doesnt occur in two secs with qb having no time throw in real life. AS it is now if blitz is called you have to sec to get rid of ball with no possiblity of escape by qb. THis has to go. When i watch tv qbs escape hot blitzes all the time and can normally outrun dt to corner to get outside to scramble, not get caught everytime with the exception of vick. This also goes back to smarter OL play. On blitzes OL almost always lets someone through untouched with a turn away from oncoming defender to engage a man who is clearly being blocked. GET THIS Straight please.

4. Gameplay 3: Give lots of new goaline plays. I see teams in NFL run plenty of goaline formations that just dont appear in madden or any other gmae for that matter. IF its in the game ....give it to me.

5. Gameplay: GOALINE DIVE OVER PILE...DAMn tired of asking every year.

6. ALternate Jerseys: DO What espn did with their presentation of selection of jerseys and show us a bust of home or away jerseys and let us customize based on that bust but allow us to change colors of jersey and stripes while keeping team emblems and the like as they are and helmet logos on helmets. As it is now..when u alter color of jersey or helmet...logos are not there and stripes on unis look funny.

6 Features: Give us a stadium Fly around ala TRiple Play baseball 97. Let me explain... Have a fly around outside of rendered stadiums so we can appreciate how beautiful these multimillion dollar facilities are while showing the two helmets of teams playing, name of stadium, and weather conditions for the current game. After fly around...then camera would come inside the stadium where John and Al would then talk about key players, etc. etc.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:54 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 22

Geeesuz..please please make some new player models.the modles from the last 4 SEASONS been just about exactly the same. There is no toughness look to any Madden Player model..they look to fragil, Please EAsports..DO A COMPLETE GRAHPIC ENGINE OVERHALL...Then maybe i'll come back to your game but until then i cant take it no more..im a ESPN gamer for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »