Home

Ping Bar Indicator/Connection Quality Online

This is a discussion on Ping Bar Indicator/Connection Quality Online within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7
Ping Bar Indicator/Connection Quality Online

I think it's about time we get a "ping bar/connection quality bar indicator" right on the side of your oppenents gamertag.Whos with me!!!!!Tired of playing these guys /chumps online who have mastered the art of playing in extreme lag.I have great internet quality it's really a drag playing with someone with bad internet quality. I must say Im shocked in the lack of uproar behind this annoying issue."Who's with me!!!!"Think it's to late to ask the devs for this in M25 fellas;or do we still have time?

Mega
Football is in the building.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ping Bar Indicator/Connection Quality Online

Connection is usually the last thing I worried about playing online. I wish Microsoft would add connection to their avoid feature.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Connection is usually the last thing I worried about playing online. I wish Microsoft would add connection to their avoid feature.
Wow man I cant believe you just made that statement.The game is unplayable when lag is at it's finest.Cant pick a play adequatley,pass properly,run effectively,audiable suffeciently,etc.etc.etc..Again bro no pun intended " I cant believe you just made that statement." Lag=Unplayable

Mega
Old 05-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
Wow man I cant believe you just made that statement.The game is unplayable when lag is at it's finest.Cant pick a play adequatley,pass properly,run effectively,audiable suffeciently,etc.etc.etc..Again bro no pun intended " I cant believe you just made that statement." Lag=Unplayable
All I said was that connection was the last thing I worried about. I was more concerned with not playing people that ran screens or wildcat every play, people that disconnected after one three and out, people that would quit after an opening drive touchdown, people that go for it on 4th down and quit once they don't make it, people that play one defense the entire game, etc. That to me = unplayable.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

Quote:
All I said was that connection was the last thing I worried about. I was more concerned with not playing people that ran screens or wildcat every play, people that disconnected after one three and out, people that would quit after an opening drive touchdown, people that go for it on 4th down and quit once they don't make it, people that play one defense the entire game, etc. That to me = unplayable.
Quote:
You're a little off topic Duece....in any event, yeah there are numerous things that I deem "UNPLAYABLE ONLINE"; sorry I didn't gather that from your original post in the bold....Back on topic...For me lag is one of them things I consider gamebreaking!!If I have no control of how the game is being played/timed insync ;then how am I in control of anything on the field?Surely you can understand that.no pun intended

Mega
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
You're a little off topic Duece....in any event, yeah there are numerous things that I deem "UNPLAYABLE ONLINE"; sorry I didn't gather that from your original post in the bold....Back on topic...For me lag is one of them things I consider gamebreaking!!If I have no control of how the game is being played/timed insync ;then how am I in control of anything on the field?Surely you can understand that.no pun intended
The topic is lag and connection, right?

There isn't much you can do about lag. It's not really the game, it's either you or the opponent. If you don't like the lag, quit, avoid the person you're playing and find another game that doesn't lag. Seems like a pretty simple solution.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

Quote:
The topic is lag and connection, right?

There isn't much you can do about lag. It's not really the game, it's either you or the opponent. If you don't like the lag, quit, avoid the person you're playing and find another game that doesn't lag. Seems like a pretty simple solution.
You seem to read/understand what you CHOOSE to,clearly the first sentence I made regarding Lag/connection was
Quote:
I think it's about time we get a "ping bar/connection quality bar indicator" right on the side of your oppenents gamertag
Food for thought friend options are never a bad thing ,also everybody dosen't like to quit there games as you would simply do Duece.Kind of surprised you didn't know that friend seems petty simple to me.

Mega

Last edited by reddogmaddogbul; 05-20-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
You seem to read/understand what you CHOOSE to,clearly the first sentence I made regarding Lag/connection
Food for thought friend options are never a bad thing ,also everybody dosen't like to quit there games as you would simply do Duece.Kind of surprised you didn't know that friend seems petty simple to me.
Never said options were a bad thing, did I? Didn't think so. Stated my opinion on the need for a Ping Bar Indicator/Connection Quality Online and gave you a very simple solution to deal with it due to the likelihood of there not being one in the upcoming Madden. I fully understand that people don't like to quit their games (apparently like I simply do), but if this lag you speak of truly is as 'gamebreaking' as you make it out to be, then quitting should be a welcome option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »