Home

Maybe it's not the "Suits" that have been the problem....

This is a discussion on Maybe it's not the "Suits" that have been the problem.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Maybe it's not the "Suits" that have been the problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's more about Cam Weber and that's something you hear in this Podcast too. I feel good about this Rex Dickson guy too, he seems to be very professional and focused on game play and making the community happy. Not the casual fans who want to play with mascots or one button modes, the Madden community. When he talks about blocking improvements in Madden 25 in this podcast, he makes it feel like a football education and not just marketing hype.
Cam is the exec correct?

As was Phil previously? For like a decade? It didn't matter which producer under him did what, it was all under him.

He leaves, everything changed.

Always was the problem.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #26
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's really easy to see who here is lobbying to become the next gamechanger or dev. We've seen this so often over the years I try not to even bother with them anymore.
yep,which is why I can't even take alot seriously anymore.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #27
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheen_O_Mack
You're still going with it even though there has been a recent change in leadership?

Don't get me wrong with Maddens past everyone has every right to be skeptical, but I'll judge Cam and these guys on the product that is on the shelves and not based on what was done before they took over.
I think that the biggest change (not in terms of personnel because most of the same people that worked on Madden have been there for years), in leadership was during the Phil Frazier/Ian Cummings era. I understand that a lot of people blame Phil and Ian for many of Madden's current problems, but what many forget is that the game they took over, which was in the dumps, has steadily gotten better year after year. The first four years of Madden on current-gen systems: Madden 06, 07, 08, and Madden 09 (Phil and Ian took over Madden 09 only months before the game was shipped), were (in my opinion) horrible and strongly appealed to tourney and arcade-style gamers. However, the mantra of the franchise changed under Phil and Ian to appeal to hardcore and sim-style gamers. I know that a lot of people would say Madden hasn't come close to reaching true simulation football, but I've noticed the direction the game has gone over the last few years, and it has definitely been aimed at realism.

I think the main issues that plague current-gen Madden stem from the mistakes made by the previous developers when Madden was first being built on the Xbox 360/PS3 platforms. Because of the mistakes made during the transition from legacy systems, Madden has been playing catch-up for almost this entire generation. I think that Cam Weber and the current leaders of the Madden team will make a significant impact this year and in the future, but I strongly doubt that much would be different if Ian, Phil, and the previous GM of EA Football games were in control. Why? The current direction is still consistent with what it has been the past four years. And that is not a bad thing.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #28
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
well then marketing are the issue if they allowed them to talk about run free like it was some side scrolling arcade fighter game smh.

They can't even make a new feature sound appealing yet they have final say over the implementation of specific features???
Run Free is not a feature.

The Precision Modifier is. This is what Vic and the core gameplay team have designed in Madden 25 to give you more control and ability to make your opponents miss on every play.

This notion that it is "street fighter" is pretty silly. It's using controller gestures and button combinations to pull off more dynamic moves on the field.

Think of it as branching animations.

You start with a juke, but then another defender prepares to tackle you. In years past you are stuck in that animation and get tackled. Now you can branch to a stiff arm, a spin, or even another juke to get the tackler to miss.

It will take some serious stick skills to pull off effective move combos with proper timing, but will make the running game more dynamic.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 11

While it's just talk at the moment, the statements from the podcast are encouraging if anything because they seem to be a bit more forthright with some of the "inside baseball" stuff. We wouldn't have gotten this type of honesty in the past.

Unless they really screw the pooch (again) next-gen, history will show this gen's Madden series as the worst all things considered. Maybe its reputation finally got the attention of someone high enough to make a difference.

Time will tell.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Exactly.

We've seen this time and time again.

It's really easy to see who here is lobbying to become the next gamechanger or dev. We've seen this so often over the years I try not to even bother with them anymore.
You guys come talk to me after you see the game at e3 and tell me I'm wrong or just lobbying to be a GC or dev.

My stance since Cam Weber came on board is that I have a good feeling about this new team and where they are going with this franchise, until I see reason to believe otherwise that won't change. I expect to see a pretty drastic improvement in gameplay and features each year from now on and once we see the game at e3 ill tell what I like and dislike. I expect next gen to build off of what we've seen in m13 & 25 and take this game way beyond what we've ever seen in any football game before. I'm not lobbying for anything and if the game isn't where it should be soon ill know that ea is the problem and incapable of change. Am I ready to make that decision after one or two cycles with this team? Of course not, be patient see what happens and react accordingly.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-22-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys come talk to me after you see the game at e3 and tell me I'm wrong or just lobbying to be a GC or dev.

My stance since Cam Weber came on board is that I have a good feeling about this new team and where they are going with this franchise, until I see reason to believe otherwise that won't change. I expect to see a pretty drastic improvement in gameplay and features each year from now on and once we see the game at e3 ill tell what I like and dislike. I expect next gen to build off of what we've seen in m13 & 25 and take this game way beyond what we've ever seen in any football game before. I'm not lobbying for anything and if the game isn't where it should be soon ill know that ea is the problem and incapable of change. Am I ready to make that decision after one or two cycles with this team? Of course not, be patient see what happens and react accordingly.
If I were to respond with what I feel about this post,I would be banned....but I have way to much respect for the moderators as well as Operation Sports to let that happen.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
If I were to respond with what I feel about this post,I would be banned....but I have way to much respect for the moderators as well as Operation Sports to let that happen.
Sorry just giving my honest and unbiased opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »