Home

Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #65
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
I don't want the Rams to ever go back to LA. One of the reasons they left was lack of fan support. Boo Bird City. Fickle fans galore.

I'll never forget this true story (saw it with my own eyes): In 1980 or 81, the Rams hosted the Cowboys. Rams were ahead by 24 points, in the 3rd or 4th quarter. A Rams receiver dropped a pass and the fans booed. I kid you not.

That kind of stuff happened all the time.
LMAO! That just sounds horrific hahahaha. LA fans, we are some of the worst, excluding myself of course. Outside of more than half of them being fair weather fans, a good percentage don't even watch or keep up with the sport. Dodger tickets are so cheap, that its the "kick it spot". When I had Instagram a couple of the people I'd follow would post a **** ton of "@Dodger Stadium" pictures... So I hit them up, "hey let's to the Angels/Dodgers game, but I wanna go to a good pitching matchup, who would you rather see?" Their response, "oh I don't know anyone on the team, I just go to the game to support...." -_______- I hate fans like that... And then have the audacity to call themselves Dodger fans... and my fellow Laker breathren are worse than that.

I kind of believe football wouldn't do well in Los Angeles, especially now since everyone is pretty much a fan of everyone. Go to a neighborhood with 60 houses, you might will definitely find a fan of each team, so why relocate say the Jags or Rams or whoever back to LA, when Joe Blow is a Patriots fan? But boy I would love to see the Cowboys or Rams in person...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #66
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
? the NCAA teambuilder sound bank has over 3.500 team names in it and I believe they still add to it every year.

I'm not knocking EA for this mode as I said at least their trying, but when they're supposed "little brother" has a better create a team feature going on 5 years now it's just a little sad
For NCAA, you can use any of the names on this list and the announcers will say it:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image..._nicknames.txt

I get for the first few years you may not have this many, but having at least a few hundred names is feasible. Plus, EA sports used to have a long list of generic logos, what happened to those?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
For NCAA, you can use any of the names on this list and the announcers will say it:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image..._nicknames.txt

I get for the first few years you may not have this many, but having at least a few hundred names is feasible. Plus, EA sports used to have a long list of generic logos, what happened to those?
Madden 25 is a bit different, as they came up with nicknames, backstories, audio, and hired Nike to make uniform designs for these imaginary teams. A bit more work went into them than I would have expected. Hopefully future iterations will have more than 17(?) relocation possibilities.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #68
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Madden 25 is a bit different, as they came up with nicknames, backstories, audio, and hired Nike to make uniform designs for these imaginary teams. A bit more work went into them than I would have expected. Hopefully future iterations will have more than 17(?) relocation possibilities.
I like the fact that they restricted it to only 17 relocation possibilities. This is realistic, as is the fact that they give you a few names choices for teams based on the fans voting.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I like the fact that they restricted it to only 17 relocation possibilities. This is realistic, as is the fact that they give you a few names choices for teams based on the fans voting.
Agreed but not letting us pick our own color schemes or design uniforms sucks. They could just give us all the Nike components for uniforms and let us make our own. How is that any different the giving us 3 uniform combos?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #70
MVP

d11king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I do think however though, some of the locations are a bit strange. Mexico City? Dublin? Sacramento??? Sacramento doesn't even know where to find the funds to build their NBA team a new stadium correct? I know Las Vegas has its issues on why they can't have a professional team, but I'd rather them then Mexico City. But realistically, as I stated in an earlier post, there's only about 3-4 teams in the NFL who would realistically relocate, and that's Jags, Bills, Rams off the top of my head. Anyone else, like Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota, they just need new stadiums.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #71
Pro

Td1984's Arena

My moves:

-Rams (or Raiders or Chargers) back to LA

-Jags to London (even if London being in the AFC "South" would be kind of weird- suppose I could move Miami there instead since they're having issues getting a new stadium or getting the new one renovated)

-Bills to Toronto

-Jets to Brooklyn

-Vikings get new stadium

Not sure I'd make all the moves in one CFM.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #72
Rookie

The Craigler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
I do think however though, some of the locations are a bit strange. Mexico City? Dublin? Sacramento??? Sacramento doesn't even know where to find the funds to build their NBA team a new stadium correct? I know Las Vegas has its issues on why they can't have a professional team, but I'd rather them then Mexico City. But realistically, as I stated in an earlier post, there's only about 3-4 teams in the NFL who would realistically relocate, and that's Jags, Bills, Rams off the top of my head. Anyone else, like Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota, they just need new stadiums.
Minnesota is building a stadium that will be ready in 2016, so they're for sure not moving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »