Home

Ea Sports Ignite Engine Interview

This is a discussion on Ea Sports Ignite Engine Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Ea Sports Ignite Engine Interview

www.easports.com/ignite

Can't find a direct link for this but here it is

EA SPORTS IGNITE ENGINE INTERVIEW
May 21, 2013
At Microsoft’s Xbox One Reveal event, EA SPORTS™ announced an all-new game engine: EA SPORTS IGNITE.

Andrew Wilson, the Executive Vice President and Head of EA SPORTS, sat down with us to tell us more about the engine and what gamers can expect with the next console generation.

Q: First of all, can you tell us what EA SPORTS IGNITE is?

AW: EA SPORTS IGNITE is our new game engine developed for next-generation consoles. It harnesses the potential of Xbox One and PlayStation®4 and will deliver more authenticity, more connectively and, importantly, more fun.

The engine focuses on Human Intelligence, True Player Motion and Living Worlds – three interconnected elements that we’re confident will rewrite how sports games are experienced.

Q: What can sports gamers expect?

AW: Our games will be alive. In-game players will be able to anticipate and make intelligent decisions with human-like reaction times. With the new consoles, the engine delivers four times more decision-making calculations per second.

We’ve been able to recreate the explosiveness and agility of real-world athletes because the engine’s locomotion system is fueled by ten times greater animation fidelity. Players will plant, shift momentum, pivot and cut with incredible realism.

The stadiums and atmospheres will also be alive through Living Worlds. The engine allows us to have 3D crowds and living sidelines that evolve and react organically to the on-field action.

This is incredibly exciting stuff for us as developers, and we think gamers will love just how much this new innovation will change how you play.

Q: When did development begin on the engine?

AW: Our development studios at EA Canada and EA Tiburon have been working on the engine’s components for a few years. It’s the first time that we have brought all of our best tech together in this way, and our games will be better for it – we truly have some great things planned.

Q: What are some of the benefits that we’ll see in the games powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE?

AW: First and foremost, shared technology will help us make better games. We’ll be more innovative, more efficient, and we’ll raise the quality bar across the titles. Each franchise will leverage the technology differently to create game experiences unique to their sport.

Q: How is EA SPORTS IGNITE different to other game engines?

AW: Our engine is built specifically for sports. For example, the new locomotion system was developed specifically to create player movement that is authentic to real-world athletes. EA SPORTS IGNITE is more than a rendering engine; it also combines run-time physics, animation, locomotion and online systems.

Q: What next-gen launch titles will feature EA SPORTS IGNITE?

AW: Right now we have FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, NBA LIVE 14 and EA SPORTS UFC in development on the Xbox One and PlayStation®4, and we are extremely excited to bring over the rest of our titles to next-generation consoles in the future.

Q: How will EA SPORTS IGNITE impact the future of EA SPORTS?

AW: We have never been more prepared for a new console generation. Through this powerful engine and our innovative development teams, we are focused on not only creating the best games at the moment, but also pushing the boundaries on what is possible in the future.

For the full press release, please see below.

NEW EA SPORTS IGNITE ENGINE TO POWER EA SPORTS GAMES ON NEXT GENERATION CONSOLES

Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, NBA LIVE 14 and EA SPORTS UFC to Launch Within Next 12 Months

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – May 21, 2013– Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that it has developed EA SPORTS™ IGNITE, a new game engine that will power EA SPORTS games on Xbox GYIN, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4. Fueled by EA SPORTS IGNITE, EA SPORTS games will be alive with players who think, move, and behave like real athletes and dynamic living worlds, transforming the way people play and experience games on next gen consoles. Created with the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, NBA LIVE 14, and EA SPORTS™UFC, will each launch within the next 12 months.

EA SPORTS IGNITE blends new technology withthe best rendering, run-time physics, animation, intelligence, locomotion, and online systems from across EA into one powerful, new engine. Athletes will possess human-like intelligence for advanced decision-making, players will have the agility required to change speeds and directions with true athletic motion, and living worlds will make the game experience as rich and dynamic as real-world stadiums and arenas. A video showcasing how EA SPORTS games will look and play on Xbox GYIN can be viewed here (LINK).

“Through years of investment and innovation, we have built technology across EA SPORTS to create a game engine that will deliver stunning accuracy, realism and experiences that we previously could only dream about,” said Andrew Wilson, Executive Vice President and Head of EA SPORTS. “With EA SPORTS IGNITE and the power of next generation consoles,ourgames will come alive—with more authenticity, more emotion, more connectivity, and more fun.”

Athletes in EA SPORTS next gen games will be able to make intelligent decisions with human-like reaction times. EA SPORTS IGNITE computes four times more calculations per second than previous consoles, unlocking nearly infinite potential for how players think, and enabling them to make more difficult decisions faster. Players are alive with contextual awareness and instincts—thinking, anticipating, and reacting—just like real athletes, and players are conscious of their environment. In FIFA 14, for example, a player’s sense of urgency increases as the match draws on and a goal is needed, rushing to take a free kick, corner, or goal-kick if time is running down.

EA SPORTS IGNITE will deliver the dynamic movements and biomechanics of the world’s best athletes. With 10 times more animation depth and detail than previous consoles, and thousands of new sport-specific animations to drive new locomotion systems, players now plant, pivot and cut, quickly change speeds, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of superstar athletes.

EA SPORTS games for the next generation will have stunning accuracy and visuals. By creating living worlds, the in-game environment is now as dynamic as real-world stadiums and arenas that change throughout a match. For the first time ever, 3D crowds and dynamic sidelines will impact the experience, and rich sports atmospheres will change organically based on the progress of a match. Player actions will change depending on the situation, and crowds will have an expectation of how a game is likely to play out, and react accordingly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ea Sports Ignite Engine Interview

Quote:
We have never been more prepared for a new console generation.
Bold statement. They better deliver quick.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm guessing this is why there is the NDA on presentation. It all sounds very promising and I'm glad they have implemented a new engine for next gen. However as someone who is not financially capable to buy a new console at launch, I hope they haven't completely disregarded the presentation aspects in current gen. I understand there are limitations, I just want equal effort to go into both.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

There was an interview with Cam Weber when he first came on board and he was asked point blank about the mistakes this generation and what we could expect NG.

Based on his answer, sounded like they learned from their mistake and assured it would be a smooth transistion and they were ready for it.

I'm sure they are aware all eyes are upon them.

We'll see.

Looking forward to the locomotion system.

Last edited by roadman; 05-22-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Sounds awesome, but what do we expect them to say. All I know is that I can't wait for E3!
I wonder what he means by games developers have been working on these titles for only a little less than a year? I'm sure they have been working on these games longer than that right?

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 05-22-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #6
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

They say they learned from the past, but I lived in Missouri once in my life and to borrow a phrase from that state - show me!

I hear they are prepared in interviews and that they learned from the past - but we get another CGI trailer - and no I don't care that it was for Microsoft and they are holding back something. If they had learned from the past they would have shown "real game play" clips. Maybe very very short ones like a WR diving catch, a QB throwing motion, the 3D crowds, the sideline erupting in cheers or something - but clearly they did not learn from that horrible 06 CGI mess and here is a new CGI mess.

I will just say that if even one feature does not carry over from this gen to PS4/XB1 I will not be buying;
Owner mode
Online CFM
custom playbooks
edit player
any of the features we had in 2005 that we don't get on the very first Madden on next gen means they did not learn (sony already saved them from in game saves as the console will do that)
I don't mean Tony Bruno type stuff, but franchise mode and the features we have now - I am not going backwards with EA for another generation so they better dang bring it!!!

Think about this - we are now at the end of this gen and we just now got owner mode back, pathetic and I won't go down that road again - if EA drops the ball this time I will swear off that company forever more...
Old 05-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
They say they learned from the past, but I lived in Missouri once in my life and to borrow a phrase from that state - show me!

I hear they are prepared in interviews and that they learned from the past - but we get another CGI trailer - and no I don't care that it was for Microsoft and they are holding back something. If they had learned from the past they would have shown "real game play" clips. Maybe very very short ones like a WR diving catch, a QB throwing motion, the 3D crowds, the sideline erupting in cheers or something - but clearly they did not learn from that horrible 06 CGI mess and here is a new CGI mess.

I will just say that if even one feature does not carry over from this gen to PS4/XB1 I will not be buying;
Owner mode
Online CFM
custom playbooks
edit player
any of the features we had in 2005 that we don't get on the very first Madden on next gen means they did not learn (sony already saved them from in game saves as the console will do that)
I don't mean Tony Bruno type stuff, but franchise mode and the features we have now - I am not going backwards with EA for another generation so they better dang bring it!!!

Think about this - we are now at the end of this gen and we just now got owner mode back, pathetic and I won't go down that road again - if EA drops the ball this time I will swear off that company forever more...
It should be easy to bring all of it to the next gen. They probably are using the same coding process in the next gen consoles.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #8
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13

Owner mode
Online CFM
custom playbooks
edit player

I may be wrong but I think the line they've been touting since day one of CC was that they were building it for the long haul. Which is way they blew up the old frankenstein code that was franchise mode Madden 06-12.

So I'm guessing the off the field will carry over my only question is was the Infinity Engine designed to work in cooperation with the Ignite Engine? If it did it would make sense why the current gen version of Infinity seems so goofy lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »