Home

EA Sports Ignite Is a Next-Gen "Protective Measure" (IGN)

This is a discussion on EA Sports Ignite Is a Next-Gen "Protective Measure" (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #25
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports Ignite Is a Next-Gen "Protective Measure" (IGN)

I don't believe EA at all. I feel like Madden is finally back to the same level as last generation and when the new generation madden comes out there won't even be a franchise just like when 06 happen.

I am really not even sure I am getting this years madden. No editing players in franchise. They are are always taking stuff out and adding old stuff back. Sorry for going off topic. Just my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #26
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

It looks like EA Sports is basically doing the same thing that EA proper is doing with Frostbite. Standardizing the engine is a smart move, especially if it's a good engine that the different teams can augment in order to fit their particular sport.

We'll see at E3 where their progress is.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Andrew Wilson, the head of EA Sports, is acutely aware of this, even if, in his own words, he has “selective memory” about failing to live up to certain expectations.

I guess I am an official EA cynic because this part was the most telling to me in the whole short write up. "Selective memory" of next gen Madden failing to live up to expectations sums up Tiburon perfectly, lol. It's hilarious and sad all at the same time to see them touting player movement, AI and atmosphere for the new consoles, after having none of that stuff as a priority this gen.

Madden this gen: "Living sidelines, you don't want that it will take away from the graphics on the field", "AI, no need for that, video games are meant to played by the User, not CPU v CPU", "realistic player movement, we have to balance that, don't want to take away maximum User control"

Madden on the new consoles: EA Sports Ignite Engine will power the developer's future games, which EA says "will be alive with players who think, move and behave like real athletes and dynamic living worlds, transforming the way people play and experience games on next-gen consoles."

I try not to use it often but
Spoiler

I hope Madden lives up to the hype on the new consoles mainly so I can finally have a NFL football game to enjoy again but also to watch all the posters that have been in lock step with those foolish assertions EA Tiburon has made about what's most important in a football sim this gen, do a 180, lauding realistic player movement, AI and "wasted" resources on crowds/sidelines.

Thank goodness for my sense of humor these last 9 years, lol.
To be fair, these consoles were not capable enough to do what the team wanted to do visually and with AI and have living sidelines/better crowds. The XB1 and PS4, however, have roughly 15x more RAM (actually more when you take into account the PS3's memory architecture) to access during gameplay. That's a drastic difference.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #28
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I don't believe EA at all. I feel like Madden is finally back to the same level as last generation and when the new generation madden comes out there won't even be a franchise just like when 06 happen.

I am really not even sure I am getting this years madden. No editing players in franchise. They are are always taking stuff out and adding old stuff back. Sorry for going off topic. Just my 2 cents.
No editing players in franchise? You can do that in madden 13 and definitely can in 25.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
To be fair, these consoles were not capable enough to do what the team wanted to do visually and with AI and have living sidelines/better crowds. The XB1 and PS4, however, have roughly 15x more RAM (actually more when you take into account the PS3's memory architecture) to access during gameplay. That's a drastic difference.
It's whatever now but "what the team wanted to do" was wrong, in reference to making a simulation football game. That's what I emphasized in my post, none of the stuff now being touted as the main selling points for the Ignite Engine were priority this gen, if they were, they would have been done far better. You meant nothing by it but the "to be fair" line irked me because my post was more then fair, it was factually accurate. I didn't use exact quotes in reference to Madden this gen but if you go back to read and listen to what "the team" has stated in the past, I nailed the gist of it.

Most reasonable people and seemingly other gaming studios making sports sims would agree that given limited RAM, AI and movement trump maxing out visuals. So while I am elated that EA Tiburon suddenly sees the value of touting substance over flash, that has been the case for other top sports sims this entire console gen.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #30
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

No more excuses for EA after this. I hope they surprise us at E3, but I will not hold my breath.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 05-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #31
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Year: 2005, Place: Tiburon in Orlando Florida

Madden Team: Hey Mr./Ms. Suits we need more time to make this game (Madden 06) we literally have nothing right now but blacks screens and cursors on our computers, can we just wait and put the game out in 2006 with Madden 2007 so we can make a better game?

The Suits: Hell NO! If you ever ask me a stupid question like that again I will fire your ***! I don't give a damn what you do or don't have! Just throw some crap together and put it out so we can PROFIT, we have the exclusive NFL license so we have nothing to worry about, now get outta my office and go back to work!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Year: 2005, Place: Tiburon in Orlando Florida

Madden Team: Hey Mr./Ms. Suits we need more time to make this game (Madden 06) we literally have nothing right now but blacks screens and cursors on our computers, can we just wait and put the game out in 2006 with Madden 2007 so we can make a better game?

The Suits: Hell NO! If you ever ask me a stupid question like that again I will fire your ***! I don't give a damn what you do or don't have! Just throw some crap together and put it out so we can PROFIT, we have the exclusive NFL license so we have nothing to worry about, now get outta my office and go back to work!!!

10 char

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-25-2013 at 03:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »