Home

How long till we can create our own plays again?

This is a discussion on How long till we can create our own plays again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
How long till we can create our own plays again?

When do you think madden will bring back " New Feature" creating our own plays again. I really enjoyed doing this and just think of all the crazy things you could do now with all the new formations. I druelling right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How long till we can create our own plays again?

If they do add it, they better make it OFFLINE ONLY or we will be hit with a new wave of online cheesers like nothing we have ever seen.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
If they do add it, they better make it OFFLINE ONLY or we will be hit with a new wave of online cheesers like nothing we have ever seen.
Unless they make the AI actually able to adjust to what people do.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Actually, if they do it right it should be able to be used anywhere.

They have to include every route that is in the game, but not allow custom routes - or custom routes must be programmed so that you can not have a receiver cut before they cross the line of scrimmage - as that was the only real issue with it back when it was in the PS2 game. You could make a player cut 45 degrees right off the bat and thus have him be impossible to press - take that out and it would be great.

Renaming plays allowed you to use a base play, change the routes, change the name and then reuse the base play - which would be awesome as you could create some more "roll out" plays - as EA only has a handful, plus you could tweak some PA plays to have more "max protections" thus making those better.

Defensively it could really allow for some things that have gone away to make a return - double x, double te, double slots, not realistic zone blitzes. Delay blitzes were in on PS2, wish those cam back too.

Rather than shooting down these ideas for fear of cheesers, we should look for ideas to implement the idea that can not be consistently abused...
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

The core issue with this is and with most exploitable things in Madden, is that it requires the game be fundamentally football sound to add this and have it perform reasonably realistic. Tiburon seems to see "create your own plays/playbook" as something that would allow far too many exploits, without actually looking at the deficiencies within Madden that make it so.

I won't go into too much detail because people far more knowledgeable than me have stated this ad nauseum but how ANY play in Madden can be considered reasonably realistic or fundamentally sound, when they are just addressing player movement in M25, is beyond me. People really should think about that for at least a moment, if player movement has been arcade based, no representation of foot planting, momentum, inertia, balance, change of direction, etc, what else can everything that player movement is associated with be but arcade? That's just talking about movement without even getting into ratings, tiered animations, play assignments/responsibilities, etc, so of course create your own play would be unrealistic too. Before the semantics police roll in "unrealistic" in the sense it would play out arcade in-game, not that football plays can't be created in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

oh cmon you guys know the first thing an average madden gamer is going to do with a new 'create a play' mode is try and make up some trick play that works everytime

yeah the people here might not but we are by far a minority
Old 05-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
oh cmon you guys know the first thing an average madden gamer is going to do with a new 'create a play' mode is try and make up some trick play that works everytime

yeah the people here might not but we are by far a minority
Yeah but that's what they have been conditioned, allowed and even encouraged to do with regard to Madden. If players moved, got tired, injured, penalized and just all around performed reasonably realistic and there where actual real assignments/responsibilities/concepts in plays, create a play would have far more risk than reward. One of the NFL2k games allowed create a play but it would let the gamer fail, meaning you could design a play that would completely screw up and not work. I remember trying to make a man-zone combo defense and having receivers wide open, lol.

The point being, Tiburon has no interest in allowing gamers to fail and get frustrated with a realistic create a play, so anyone they put in the game would be inherently unrealistic due to being setup for User success.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

I just thought it was one of the best features back in the day before online and stuff. I dont remember when online started comming into madden prolly cause I never did it but I miss the little things I guess like that and Create a fan, even thought there was not many options I liked the overweight guy painted up with the foam finger,lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »