Home

Will Madden ever implement offensive/defensive coordinators?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever implement offensive/defensive coordinators? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Did I just read that Sam Bradford is a playoff performer? I must be delusional.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Will Madden ever implement offensive/defensive coordinators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Did I just read that Sam Bradford is a playoff performer? I must be delusional.
You will see this season homie... You will see.

It was an example anyway, please don't detract from the wider conversation with your bias haha
Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #11
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by galamabx
And I wonder how XP will work from owner mode once more coaches are in?
That's what I'm curious about to. I can see where it would actually help OC/DC grow and the XP would mean certain things. Like say, you take over as a current NFL OC or DC, you'll have XP based on that coach or you could create a OC or DC and start at 0 XP. As you advance you'll earn enough XP to be considered for a Head Coaching job.

It could go from different levels, say "Unknown", "Underrated" "Hot Coaching Candidate" to "Head Coach Material". As soon as you hit "Hot Coaching Candidate" OR "Head Coach Material" you'll get job offers to become Head Coach. Now let's say your at "Head Coach Material" and you opt to stay DC or OC, and you suffer a bad season, then depending on your season and where you rank offensively or defensively it will drop to "Hot Coaching Candidate" but if the season is very bad(your team picks 1st in the draft and has a 1-15 or 2-14 season) then it could drop to "Unknown" once again and you would have to build it back up to get coaching offers again.

Then of course the twitter feeds will fill up with things like, "He may be regretting staying and not taking the Jets Head Coaching Job", "It seems some teams have decided not to consider him as a Head Coach after that horrible 2-14 season."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

I just hope OC/DC have a direct correlation to on-field play/stats...

Meaning I'd like to see the game using all the stats available to determine how good a coordinator is, and in which areas.

Say....
OC John Smith
total off: 13th
pass off: 6th
run off: 22nd
pass/run ratio: 60/40
_______

The game should be able to allocate XP accordingly, instead of just having us pick&choose what we wanna improve. The data is there, the game should see how a team plays and develop/progress coordinators based on it.

To make it simpler, there should be a tracker/log for the way a team plays on O & D and this should mean something to how a coordinator is rated/perceived... Needles to say, this would be dynamic.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I just hope OC/DC have a direct correlation to on-field play/stats...

Meaning I'd like to see the game using all the stats available to determine how good a coordinator is, and in which areas.

Say....
OC John Smith
total off: 13th
pass off: 6th
run off: 22nd
pass/run ratio: 60/40
_______

The game should be able to allocate XP accordingly, instead of just having us pick&choose what we wanna improve. The data is there, the game should see how a team plays and develop/progress coordinators based on it.

To make it simpler, there should be a tracker/log for the way a team plays on O & D and this should mean something to how a coordinator is rated/perceived... Needles to say, this would be dynamic.
Could see coach XP awarded by system that accounts for team productivity, but player XP system sucks, although I think player progression based on stats sucks, so what do I know...

I like where you head is at, but what if your defensive coordinator is constantly hung out to dry by a ding bat QB that is constantly turning the ball over? Then how you going to feel about him getting minimal XP, cuz the defense is giving up tons of yards because they are always on the field???
Old 05-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Could see coach XP awarded by system that accounts for team productivity, but player XP system sucks, although I think player progression based on stats sucks, so what do I know...

I like where you head is at, but what if your defensive coordinator is constantly hung out to dry by a ding bat QB that is constantly turning the ball over? Then how you going to feel about him getting minimal XP, cuz the defense is giving up tons of yards because they are always on the field???
Isn't that how it is in reality though, some/most coordinators benefit from the overall success/failures of their team.

Look at one of the hottest coordinators out there, Jay Gruden of the Bengals.... everybody seems to think he's a great offensive mind yet the Bengals never post impressive offensive numbers. But the team has been successful since him and M.Zimmer got there.

That's why I said this "feature" would be DYNAMIC, these sort of things tend to balance themselves out in the real NFL....ok, you were hot OC because your team was got and you get hired as a HC somewhere else, only to be overwhelmed by the whole experience and the greater requirements of being a coach.

When coordinators of bad teams are promoted to HC, it's usually because their area of expertise is REALLY that much better than the team's overall performance.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #15
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

OK, fair enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 01:17 AM   #16
Pro

But just to be clear.... I, too, H.A.T.E. the XP system in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »