Home

Owner/Franchise Mode Requirement

This is a discussion on Owner/Franchise Mode Requirement within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Owner/Franchise Mode Requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS444
Just my opinion, but this issue is one that really is too difficult to be 100% accurate.

Escalators, front-loading, back-loading, roster bonuses, bonuses in general... just too much to track.

Contract amount and signing bonus is enough as far as I'm concerned.
While I do agree it is difficult to be 100% accurate, this is where allowing users to edit contracts would work. I know, I know that your going to say people would cheese the hell out of it and make sure nobody leaves their team. That's fine in terms of OFFLINE, EA shouldn't care about what offline CFM people do, so if people want to cheese and ensure nobody leaves, let them take the fun out of the mode. While there will be others who would look on one of the many websites that have this data to update contracts to have a realistic franchise.

As for online users, this would be the worst problem in terms of cheesing but you could allow ONLY the Commish to edit contracts.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #10
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

It must be to much code work for the EA madden people,lol...Do they ever do anything 100% right its more of a we will give you 35 to 60% of what we can do the rest we just dont want to do....
Old 05-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
To be fair, that's a really bad example as the Show's contracts are nowhere close to real life (intentionally).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
While I do agree it is difficult to be 100% accurate, this is where allowing users to edit contracts would work. I know, I know that your going to say people would cheese the hell out of it and make sure nobody leaves their team. That's fine in terms of OFFLINE, EA shouldn't care about what offline CFM people do, so if people want to cheese and ensure nobody leaves, let them take the fun out of the mode. While there will be others who would look on one of the many websites that have this data to update contracts to have a realistic franchise.

As for online users, this would be the worst problem in terms of cheesing but you could allow ONLY the Commish to edit contracts.
Exactly. We have the choice to turn the salary cap off. If people want to cheese themselves out of a challenge, let them, in either mode.

In online leagues, yes only Commissioners (and co-commisioners) should be allowed to do the editing. Online CFM should be allowed to be loaded off of the commissioner's roster file too, just like Offline.

This is where joining a well run league becomes imperative.

The fact that the current contracts are SO inaccurate, including years being capped at 6 or 7 and all sorts of crap, or just flat out being wrong, is enough to either force EA to fix it themselves or give us the power to do so.

I can guarantee that the Rams are gonna have about 10 mil cap space for the first season and I could free up another 20 by cutting 2 players... Ignoring the previous years cap hits from the trading of Jason Smith and stuff. If the Jets aren't in financial hell either it will be very annoying.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
There's 10's if not 100's of sites that track this data.

Too hard for EA to put into a game tho?

The NHL has a much more complex salary system and the EA NHL game does a pretty good job with it (not including the AI's ability to use it tho).
I would point out that while you are correct, there are "10's if not 100's of sites that track this data', many of those same sites typically end up with varying totals for contracts and team cap situations. When it comes to NFL contract data, we don't always know what we think we know. Constant restructuring of deals, various bonus points, escalators, etc lead to the ever changing contract totals.

That said, it should at least be "more" accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »