Home

Remeber when players could get suspended/disciplined for off field behavior.

This is a discussion on Remeber when players could get suspended/disciplined for off field behavior. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #25
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Remeber when players could get suspended/disciplined for off field behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
There haven't been "illegal" hits in the game for years.

The only thing you can do is get an occasional (or in my case, once or twice a drive when I'm trying to injure the quarterback which seemed impossible) "Roughing the Passer".

Late hits have been removed for years, there are no helmet-to-helmet hits, etc.
You could get a late hit in Madden 12. Clay on the Packers got me called for that all the friggen time online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #26
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Remeber when players could get suspended/disciplined for off field behavior.

Wonder if the NFL would let them use verbiage like such and such was suspended for behavior determental to the team or misorderly conduct.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #27

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Remember last gen when players would sit out and refuse to play or negotiate contracts due to low morale ? I remember benching Chad Pennington and his morale dropped so low he refused to play or accept higher pay. Could only trade him.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
In one of the NCAA Football games in dynasty mode I remember players could get disciplined and even suspended for bad academics and so forth. It would be cool if they could implement this in Madden in the future. Each player should have a Character rating which determines the likely hood that they will get into off the field trouble and how sever it is. Players could get fined, suspended, or even thrown in jail! for bad behavior.
Of course they would have to bring back player and team morale to represent the effect of a players behavior on the team. Would make interesting story lines and decision making if one of your best players are knuckle heads and you have to decide to keep giving them chances (while diminishing the morale of your team), trade, or just release them.
yeah....i wish players like cortland finnegan, rolando McClain, Suh, James Harrison, richie incognito,
Old 06-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #29
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozair Hussain
yeah....i wish players like cortland finnegan, rolando McClain, Suh, James Harrison, richie incognito,
The problem is this could have offensive results and some players with great images are jerks and some players players the media demonize are outstanding giving people. These are real people I understand why this is not in the game and I agree. M05 had morale now that should be fine.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Remember last gen when players would sit out and refuse to play or negotiate contracts due to low morale ? I remember benching Chad Pennington and his morale dropped so low he refused to play or accept higher pay. Could only trade him.
Yup and it would show up in the news that they were unhappy and if they did play they usually didnt give 100%. Same if you put them on the trade block. I even think I remember if I traded popular players on the team the rest of team would mite play poor after. That was a pretty good franchise mode with the Tony Bruno radio show and all that. Needs to be way more in depth now although it was amazing for its time.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #31
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Wonder if the NFL would let them use verbiage like such and such was suspended for behavior determental to the team or misorderly conduct.
I think that's the closest to what we could see, but I think it would still only be applicable to guys that aren't actually real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
The NFL must hate pass interference.
I get PI in Madden 08 PC all the time. Another reason to LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »