Home

question about changing positions m25

This is a discussion on question about changing positions m25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
question about changing positions m25

everything i've read says you can change positions in the offseason. i was wondering if anybody read or knows if "offseason" includes before you hit "start league" when you first start, or if you'd have to wait until the season ends to change positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: question about changing positions m25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
everything i've read says you can change positions in the offseason. i was wondering if anybody read or knows if "offseason" includes before you hit "start league" when you first start, or if you'd have to wait until the season ends to change positions.
I was wondering about that and if you can do the draft, draft a player, edit his position, then start preseason...anyone know how that will work?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
Banned

I'm going to assume that it starts once the Super Bowl has been completed and you advance to the off-season and ends once you enter pre-season. Reason I think it ends in pre-season is because of the player goals. I dont remember off-hand so if im wrong, im sure someone will correct me but if there's player goals in pre-season, I would assume that once you enter pre-season (and thus the regular season), the ability to edit positions will be "locked/blacked out".

With that said, while it sucks that you cant edit positions during the season, im happy that in the off-season, you can change positions at will. This is great because if you want to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or from a 4-3 to a 3-4, this will make it a lot easier to do. Also, love being able to make full position switches in the off-season instead of just side to side because sometimes, there's a CB that I want but want to move him to FS.

Also includes draft picks now too. So, overall im more happy with the full position switches in the off-season than whats in M13.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
Banned

Regarding start league.....interesting. I missed that. As long as the goals arent in play yet, I would think that you could switch player positions but at the same time, as long as you can use custom rosters, this doesnt matter because you could just edit what you need to before starting a connected franchise.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Does anyone know if there's a limit to what positions you can change to? For example, can I move a CB to a FB or LT? Or can I only change a CB to FS or SS?

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Pro

I vaguely remember hearing Josh Looman say that it does not include before you start your league. You could however use a custom roster with the players position changed.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I vaguely remember hearing Josh Looman say that it does not include before you start your league. You could however use a custom roster with the players position changed.
Yeah, this is what im thinking because if you can start a connected franchise using your own custom roster, you would already have your team setup the way you want it beforehand. And im going to assume that you can switch a player from and to any position as if it was outside of connected franchise.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Rookie

yeah i've changed positions then imported the roster in m13, so you can always do that . i was wondering more for fantasy drafts since i can do them offline now and i don't know who i'll end up with, but it slipped my mind you have to click start league before the draft. so i guess it doesn't really matter haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »