Home

Will you buy the game if Penalties aren't fixed?

This is a discussion on Will you buy the game if Penalties aren't fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you Buy Madden 25 if Penalties are not fixed?
Yea they don't effect gameplay that much 21 58.33%
Nope total lack of concern to fix legacy issues 15 41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Will you buy the game if Penalties aren't fixed?

I won't just shows Madden will never change and the Dev's are just trying to fix just enough to get $60 out of us. #Save60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Will you buy the game if Penalties aren't fixed?

It really sucks not to have all the penalties in the game or even the ones in the game hardly working. But to not buy the game over penalties? Naa there are plenty of other and better reasons to not buy the game.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It really sucks not to have all the penalties in the game or even the ones in the game hardly working. But to not buy the game over penalties? Naa there are plenty of other and better reasons to not buy the game.
I feel like it's just a representation of the company's image as a whole and I think that if the community had made this a bigger issue than this would have been fixed by now.

I am 20 and my first Madden was Madden 2002 and I remember all the way back then the penalties didn't work I mean come on we're talking 10+ years at this point.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

You're obviously new here, or else you would have never said "if the community had made this a bigger issue".

OS has called EA out on it every single year. Those members here who are lucky enough to get to go to community events, and have the chance to talk to game developers, have brought the issue up for years.

To answer the question, no, penalties are not going to stop me from buying the game.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I won't just shows Madden will never change and the Dev's are just trying to fix just enough to get $60 out of us. #Save60
I am not picky so yeah, I would still buy it but I would really like to see them fix that problem...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Didn't answer, would have selected yes but disagree with the rest of that option.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I feel like it's just a representation of the company's image as a whole and I think that if the community had made this a bigger issue than this would have been fixed by now.

I am 20 and my first Madden was Madden 2002 and I remember all the way back then the penalties didn't work I mean come on we're talking 10+ years at this point.
I don't know if penalties themselves are a representation of the companies image. That's stretching it a little. It could be said that it is part of the image. I mean if you are judging the game on a true simulation scale then yes, the issues is very relevant. But Madden as a whole is not a true football simulation. Not saying it shouldn't be, but its not.

As far as the community not making this a bigger issue, I disagree with that. We have been bitching about penalties forever.

I'm not sure why they haven't overhauled the penalty system. I think its safe to say it won't be fixed this gen. No excuses for next-gen not to have a working and in depth penalty system. And a fixed replay system for that matter.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Like others have stated, the lack of better penalty representation and penalties even being considered vital to Madden emulating football is a piece of a bigger deterrent from buying Madden. So, no penalties alone won't keep me from buying it but it's a factor in that decision and a factor if a sell it after buying.

It's funny seeing this thread after just responding to a post in another thread about the creativity behind Madden 25. Penalties are a game changer in the real NFL because they can dictate how aggressive both sides of the ball feel they can be in any given game. Yet this aspect of football is looked at as trivial and inconsequential as far as Madden is concerned. I have been saying for years that the penalty system could be used as an inherent organic regulator of User exploits, in tandem with real world elements like physics, injuries, etc.

Kolbe and his team were able to make refs and penalties apart of the chess match in The Show, so hopefully he can bring that element to Madden, at some point.

Also, OP no way I could vote in your poll with the options "loaded" like that, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »