Home

Madden 25 on PS4: to port or not to port?

This is a discussion on Madden 25 on PS4: to port or not to port? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11
Madden 25 on PS4: to port or not to port?

All currest generation versions of madden on ps3 are well known for being ported over from xbox 360 hardware. I hate this as a madden gamer and want my system to have the oppurtunity to show what it can do when Madden is built upon its own hardware....Will Madden titles on PS4 continue to be ported over? It would be nice for the developers to answer this question for the playstation fans who want to madden developed on ps4...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 on PS4: to port or not to port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufootball
All currest generation versions of madden on ps3 are well known for being ported over from xbox 360 hardware. I hate this as a madden gamer and want my system to have the oppurtunity to show what it can do when Madden is built upon its own hardware....Will Madden titles on PS4 continue to be ported over? It would be nice for the developers to answer this question for the playstation fans who want to madden developed on ps4...
M25 on PS4/XBONE looks to be running the Ignite engine, thus we can reasonably conclude this won't be a port.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, they have to have a lead dev console whether it's a PC, Xbox or PlayStation. The game will always have to be ported somewhat, but the amount that is needed, how good the engine is, how well it is done and how much time and effort they put into it is what will determine if the end user can notice it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
M25 on PS4/XBONE looks to be running the Ignite engine, thus we can reasonably conclude this won't be a port.
This makes NO sense. They still have to port it. The engine can help A LOT, but you still have to do stuff to make it work on all consoles. And making the engine work well on all consoles is part of the porting process.

Last edited by The_Balm; 06-03-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Porting shouldn't be a big deal this gen because the X1 and the PS4 are running X86 processors and the PS4 is way easier to develop for this time around. Even if they did build it on the PS4 first, they would build it so it could easily port to the X1 (basically they would not use all the power of the PS4.)
So it seems to me that they would build it on the X1 first, then just port it over to the PS4 since it's the more powerful system they would have less problems because the PS4 should be able to handle anything built on the X1 resource wise.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox...exclusive-deal

I'd be pretty sure it will be ported. I heard this awhile back just had to go find a article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

Why are we debating if it will be ported or not? They have to port it to some extent, whether or not they develop on pc, Xbox or PS!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufootball
No port....
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

You still have to port it to some extent! PC, PS4 and Xbox One will be a lot easier to port between, but you still have to do porting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »