Home

Vivid Gamer: Hands On With Next Gen Madden 25

This is a discussion on Vivid Gamer: Hands On With Next Gen Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Vivid Gamer: Hands On With Next Gen Madden 25

http://vividgamer.com/2013/06/12/han...5-on-xbox-one/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Vivid Gamer: Hands On With Next Gen Madden 25

I agree with his observation 100 percent about the offense being improved but not the defense. I couldn't quite figue it out but I knew something wasnt right and now I know what it is. The offensive side of the ball gets a major upgrade while the defense remains largely the same and it's noticeable too, with barely any gang tackling, the same old animations from years past, IE 2.0 did absolutely nothing for defense. Like he said maybe they will work on the defensive side of the ball next year.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I agree with his observation 100 percent about the offense being improved but not the defense. I couldn't quite figue it out but I knew something wasnt right and now I know what it is. The offensive side of the ball gets a major upgrade while the defense remains largely the same and it's noticeable too, with barely any gang tackling, the same old animations from years past, IE 2.0 did absolutely nothing for defense. Like he said maybe they will work on the defensive side of the ball next year.
If that's true than that's discouraging. The game's been too overpowered offensively already. Waiting to see/hear more on defensive side of the ball before getting too discouraged.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
This may be true, but the caveat here is that the demo footage released is on an easy rating. Someone posted it somewhere, it's either rookie or pro. So the defense is gimped in the video sample, better plays won't trigger, etc.

It's just too early to tell one way or the other.

Still, the article is on point with what others are saying and my own reaction: mixed, inconclusive, and need to see more.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I agree with some things, but disagree with others.

Simfballcritic gave much better detail in his assement of Madden25, plus Steve from OS said there are 300 more animations on the defensive side of the football or something similar to that.

Madden next gen still has a ways to go before being shipped.

Double team pass blocking
300 new pass rush animations
On passing plays, tackles set up the edge rush to create the width of the pocket, guards and center create the depth of the pocket
The QB has a pocket, and not just a pretend one anymore
No two pockets will look the same.
Offensive lineman will double team and abort double teams when they sniff out a blitz
If a blocker can't get to a defender in time, he will chip to try to slow him down or adjust his path.

Last edited by roadman; 06-12-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

I am concerned in that I am seeing the same Four Vertical plays being completed down the center of the field to a completely open TE...Saw this in the video between the Bengals v Redskins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odyYd...layer_embedded

Now I wonder if the CB press and run commit issues are present? Not too optimistic that zones have been touched on...
Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I am concerned in that I am seeing the same Four Vertical plays being completed down the center of the field to a completely open TE...Saw this in the video between the Bengals v Redskins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odyYd...layer_embedded

Now I wonder if the CB press and run commit issues are present? Not too optimistic that zones have been touched on...
What does that have to do with next gen pass plays? Oh and Sgibs7 said purple zones have been fixed.

9. Will zones go where I want them to go? If I set a purple, I don't want him pulled down by a flat route. I also want that purple to play from where he is all the way over to the side line, I don't want him to go into the slot and then head up the field with a guy, it's too unpredictable what those purples are going to do, because in reality all I want him to do is play benches and out routes

Purple zones are fixed and cover curl now

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-12-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I pretty confident the defense is going to stink like it always has if they are playing on All-Pro. There is no defense on All-Pro. I hope to see some All-Madden gameplay before I jump to conclusions about the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »