Home

Would You Consider HB/FB/TE Streaks Out The Backfield Legit SIM Strategy?

This is a discussion on Would You Consider HB/FB/TE Streaks Out The Backfield Legit SIM Strategy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Would You Consider HB/FB/TE Streaks Out The Backfield Legit SIM Strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
No it doesn't make it "unsim".

It makes the AI inadequate.

There is nothing in the NFL that prohibits a HB/FB/TE from running a streak.

Like someone said earlier - reasons it's not done is more likely due to factors not represented in Madden. How many HB are that good at receiving to where a team would want to do it? How many FBs? There's a few TEs that probably could (Gronk, Graham, Tony Gonzalez in his prime, etc).

The AI should improve. Player football intelligence needs to improve. We shouldn't be banning things. The game should be better at representing what could happen given the abilities and the plays going against each other.

I think this is what we should focus on as a community instead of trying to reinvent football rules - Madden should be replicating the athletic and mental ability of NFL players.
Agree with this 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 10

I don't think it's a problem actually. If it's used too often, then it becomes an issue but if it's just a change-up, I don't see anything wrong.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:14 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
This is pretty much the main point.

I know I posted NFL examples of the route, but these were teams with players like Ricky Watters, Marshall Faulk and Tom Rathman (some of the best receiving RBs in NFL history; in fact, Watters played an entire season in college as a WR, if I'm not mistaken). When teams have the personnel, they'll do it on occasion.

But it's the AI that's unsim, not the concept itself.

Still, we must compensate for failures in the AI if we want as close to a sim experience as possible.

Yes, but the message to the developers (assuming they read this site) or any GameChangers who might have the dev's collective ear is different.

Saying the concept is bad or "unsim" (a term that seems to imply "unrealistic" or "not like football") gets it removed or altered "for balance purposes". "Balance" is the worst reason to do anything that doesn't have any direct balance/countering per se (unlike, say, SC2 or Street Fighter). Football isn't that black and white.

Instead "balance" should come from corrections in the game mechanics and ratings/player abilities/traits, not a "nerf" to the concept. Remember when the Wildcat first showed up? It was unstoppable, then useless because they attacked the concept and not the flaws that made it work wrong.

That's all I'm saying. I think we should be careful the message we send out there, just in case it catches some ears that can make a difference in the game either in the coming version or in the approaching next gen.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #44
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Good posts KB #preach

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #45
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Like I said before, it's implementation in the game is faulted, and when used in an exploitative way it creates as un-sim concept in my opinion.

I like the "new, more realistic routes seen in the NCAA 14 demo". That is a much more realistic representation of a "go pattern being run out of the backfield". No sliding through the OL undeterred, where if I actually run the ball with the HB right up the middle, I'm prone to see the "butt fumble" take place just because my player bumped into someone on his own team.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #46
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Everyone knows its bullshyt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »