Home

Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #41
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the new systems. And it sounds like NCAA and Madden current gen have shown marked improvements, especially in the blocking and running departments. I do think they need to do an overhaul on passing. And that may be the case since passing wasn't available in the next gen demo.

It will be interesting to see how the game is coming along in the coming months.
I hope you are right but I highly doubt it, I think they are going to wait til next year to over-haul passing. Passing is the most boring part of the game now, the same old catch animations over and over and OVER! no WR/DB interaction, and the controls are super stale. I really hope they come up with new passing controls next-year, they don't have to ditch the current controls, but at least give us another choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I hope you are right but I highly doubt it, I think they are going to wait til next year to over-haul passing. Passing is the most boring part of the game now, the same old catch animations over and over and OVER! no WR/DB interaction, and the controls are super stale. I really hope they come up with new passing controls next-year, they don't have to ditch the current controls, but at least give us another choice.
While I can certainly appreciate a desire to "overhaul" passing, I don't think the wheel needs to be reinvented here. The problem with passing is that it's far too easy. The passes are far too accurate, and the fact that the ball is tethered to the players causes it feel archaic. This is where they need to steal a page out of the 2k football playbook and implement a separate physics engine for the ball. Unlike Madden, the ball in 2k8 is NOT tethered to players, thus allowing you to throw it to a spot. This is why you see so much shifting of the ball trajectory in madden. It's glued to the player and the outcome is pre-determined right when you pass it. They need to separate the ball from the players and allow true physics and realism determine where it goes and how it gets there. There need to be many more animations too when it comes to attempted catches, wifffs, balls bouncing off a shoulder or helmet, etc. etc. Make the passing feel organic rather than scripted and twitchy.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
While I can certainly appreciate a desire to "overhaul" passing, I don't think the wheel needs to be reinvented here. The problem with passing is that it's far too easy. The passes are far too accurate, and the fact that the ball is tethered to the players causes it feel archaic. This is where they need to steal a page out of the 2k football playbook and implement a separate physics engine for the ball. Unlike Madden, the ball in 2k8 is NOT tethered to players, thus allowing you to throw it to a spot. This is why you see so much shifting of the ball trajectory in madden. It's glued to the player and the outcome is pre-determined right when you pass it. They need to separate the ball from the players and allow true physics and realism determine where it goes and how it gets there. There need to be many more animations too when it comes to attempted catches, wifffs, balls bouncing off a shoulder or helmet, etc. etc. Make the passing feel organic rather than scripted and twitchy.
This x 1,000. Couldn't have said that any better myself.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #44
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Q&A with Creative Director Rex Dickson

Don't know how I missed this, probably because the NCAA Forum is on fire, but there are lots of things in this article that I like. I need to see more gameplay video, and I feel a little silly for saying it 5 months out, but I haven't been this excited about Madden since last gen if I am being honest. So I can't wait!

That said, its hard to hear this direction and remain caution in my optimism, but I will have to be until I can see it in action (on a difficulty higher than rookie FWIW).

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #45
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
...where we take weight, center of gravity, and momentum into consideration. That’s something we worked on heavily this year so we didn’t see players bounce in the wrong directions.

...if you hit a blocker from behind, you can push them forward. You can also truck into an engaged block and break it apart, so it’s a much more natural physics reaction based on momentum and center of gravity.
I'll believe this when I see it but I'm excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »